Sign in with
Your question

Minecraft: Can't connect to ANY servers.

Last response: in Video Games
January 20, 2013 1:37:26 AM

Hey Guys,

I've recently been trying to connect to other people's server, and it never works. But it seems like if the server is hosted on Hamachi, it works. Any ideas?

I am also hosting my own server, port forwarded on :25565.

Thanks!

More about : minecraft connect servers

January 20, 2013 2:09:58 AM

well hamachi should always work since you will be connected to eachother already via VPN, but if you are not using hamachi the receiving end would have to have the proper ports forwarded. are others able to connect to their servers?

m
l
January 21, 2013 12:22:22 AM

No, what I meant was that I can't connect to anyone else's server. People can connect to my server perfectly fine lag-free though. But if the server I'm trying to connect to is hosted on hamachi, it connects perfectly fine. Any ideas?
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 12:30:07 AM

There are lots of reasons why you wouldn't be able to connect ranging from you not being on their white list (if they're using one) to you running a different client version to the server. It's also possible they are not port forwarding on their router, but as Hamachi provides VPN their router doesn't really need to.

Many of us run recommended builds of Bukkit which are a few builds behind the minecraft vanilla versions. The current recommended build of Bukkit is 1.4.5 whereas Minecraft vanilla is onto 1.4.7. Personally, I'm still back at 1.3.2 for my own server and running client 1.2.5 on some machines.
m
l
January 24, 2013 2:08:22 PM

No, what I meant was that I couldn't join their server not because I'm not whitelisted or anything, I just couldn't connect like anyone else can to ANY server except the one I'm hosting. Any ideas? Thanks
m
l
January 30, 2013 11:51:42 PM

Nope, firewall is completely turned off. No Anti-virus programs or anything like that installed either.
m
l
January 30, 2013 11:58:03 PM

I also tried pinging the server with CMD, and it could connect to and back perfectly fine.
m
l
March 20, 2013 4:39:51 AM

Now, If you try to connect onto the server not with your own router, does it work? If it works, try to restart your own router. Hope this works for you. Mine worked. ;) 
m
l
September 21, 2013 1:41:58 PM

crazytankx2 said:
Hey Guys,

I've recently been trying to connect to other people's server, and it never works. But it seems like if the server is hosted on Hamachi, it works. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well kind of the same thing happened to me but I Can't connect to any server. Anyone know whats wrong? the servers were up and running this morning

m
l
October 7, 2013 2:07:35 PM

CHeat27 said:
crazytankx2 said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks!

Well kind of the same thing happened to me but I Can't connect to any server. Anyone know whats wrong? the servers were up and running this morning

I found out why I couldn't connect. when port forwarded on :25565, any server I try connecting to with the port ":25565" or blank (25565) will not connect. Once I changed my port to an uncommon port which no one uses :pt1cable:  , I could connect to the other persons server. Weird,

m
l
November 8, 2013 3:17:48 PM

sscultima said:
well hamachi should always work since you will be connected to eachother already via VPN, but if you are not using hamachi the receiving end would have to have the proper ports forwarded. are others able to connect to their servers?

I just bought minecraft a couple days ago, i got himachi, i have the 1.7.2 latest verson. my firewalls are down, ive reintalled minecraft, restarted the computer, updated java, but nothing is working.
m
l
November 25, 2013 3:09:43 PM

crazytankx2 said:
CHeat27 said:
crazytankx2 said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks!

I found out why I couldn't connect. when port forwarded on :25565, any server I try connecting to with the port ":25565" or blank (25565) will not connect. Once I changed my port to an uncommon port which no one uses :pt1cable:  , I could connect to the other persons server. Weird,

how do you change to a different port? i can't seem to figure it out
m
l
February 24, 2014 2:18:01 PM

I found out... apparently port forwarding with the default port (25565) allows me to connect to my own server, but blocks all outgoing connections to other servers with the port :25565.

For those of you having the same problem, host your server on a different port.
[Minecraft Server settings>Change port to whatever port you chosen]
[In your router... change the default port to whatever port you have put in the server settings]
m
l
February 24, 2014 2:29:14 PM

isn't hamachi really only used for pirated versions of multiplayer games anyways?
if you have a pirated copy of minecraft, you can't connect to any non-pirated multiplayer servers.
m
l
February 25, 2014 5:23:41 PM

James Mason said:
isn't hamachi really only used for pirated versions of multiplayer games anyways?
if you have a pirated copy of minecraft, you can't connect to any non-pirated multiplayer servers.

I have the legitimate copy of MineCraft, but unfortunately some of my friends don't ._.
Anyways, most hosters host their servers via port forwarding nowadays, unlike a couple of years ago where hamachi was more popular with cracked servers.
m
l
!