system noise help

turmania

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
Ok guys, I wanted to make a new system, my main priority is to reduce noise, then temps.after a week of intensive searching for reviews and guides. i made up my mind of these components listed below;
amd64 3400, msi k8t neo, corsair 1 gb xms LL 3200pro, case will be coolermaster preatorian, zalman 400w psu,80gb seagate s.ata barracuda,zalman CNPS 7000A-Cu(25db). hercules 9600xt , soundblaster audigy, and a belkin wireless netword card. i will use zalman harddisk cooler, and most importantly i will use 4x 8*8 Papst 8412N/2GM (2600 rpm-34.1cfm-26 db), nb is already being passivly cooled by msi's silent chip.will this system be loud and hot? or stealth and normal temp?i dont plan overclocking maybe only i will use msi's d.o.t technology.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
that system should end up being pretty quiet, though you can make a better choice than a Zalman PSU.. I'd suggest going for a Fortron with 120mm fan.. Also, I'm not sure how cool the Zalman CNPS7000 will hold your CPU - you might want to compromise a little noise and go for a Thermalright SLK947-U with a 92mm Papst or Panaflo fan. Also, you might want to add some sound damening material to the sides of your case, would help a lot (i have some closed-cell foam on the sides of mine and it helps, and thats probably the least effective type of foam heh). Lastly, change the heatsink on your video card - the standard one is passive, i know, but your card is going to run HOT - a Zalman HP80a would be a good idea.

If you really want a quiet solution though (and you wouldn't be spending much more money), go with watercooling. You'll end up with damned good temperatures and low (i mean it, LOW) noise. Its the best thing I could have done to deal with noise in my system, and I'd never go back.

<b>and now for something completely different</b>
...<b><A HREF="http://bytethiscomputers.sytes.net/site/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b>