Far Cry 3 CPU Usage

cpillin425

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Hello, I have a problem when I play Far Cry 3. When I look in the task manager my CPU is running at 90-95% usage. I have a Phenom II x4 965 @3.4ghz and the Cooler Master Hyper 101a CPU cooler. The rest of my specs are as follows:

Two HD7770's in Crossfire X Mode
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 9-9-9-24-34-2T
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Card
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Ultra LSP 750w PSU

Also, from the videos I have seen on Youtube, this also happens to Intel CPUs like the 2600k and 2500k and 3770k. Is this normal or is there something wrong going on?

Solution
nope thats normal. fc3 likes quad cores and 95% usage is perfectly fine (you dont want it to go to 100 or less than 80 because then the cores arnt being used effectively)and you should be getting 30-70fps with them cards in xfire. if it gets a little jittery play with the render ahead settings in the video options set it to 1 or 2 and the game should smooth out. if its getting a lot of micro stutter then vsync is your only real option. but you will have to get up to 60 fps for that to work properly.(drop the settings)
the 1 thing you can do to dramatically increase perfomance and in my opinion increase image quality is turn off post processing completley)turn it to minimum) this gets ridd of the radial blur which i dont like...
nope thats normal. fc3 likes quad cores and 95% usage is perfectly fine (you dont want it to go to 100 or less than 80 because then the cores arnt being used effectively)and you should be getting 30-70fps with them cards in xfire. if it gets a little jittery play with the render ahead settings in the video options set it to 1 or 2 and the game should smooth out. if its getting a lot of micro stutter then vsync is your only real option. but you will have to get up to 60 fps for that to work properly.(drop the settings)
the 1 thing you can do to dramatically increase perfomance and in my opinion increase image quality is turn off post processing completley)turn it to minimum) this gets ridd of the radial blur which i dont like...

Solution