Where's my 8RDA+ VDD BIOS setting gone?

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Am I going nuts or what?

I've got an Epox 8RDA+ mobo, and I'm sure I once had the option of adjusting the Chipset Voltage (VDD) in the BIOS. It's only a Rev 1 board, and until a month ago or so I could only get 196FSB out of it.

I've since replaced the original NB HS with a much larger old Socket A aluminium HS (just the hs - no fan on it), and improved Airflow through the case, and this has enabled me to get to a stable 205FSB, which I'm reasonably happy with. I decided to see if I can get higher still with a little VDD increase... but the option appears to have dissapeared from my BIOS?

Having done some research, I've seen plenty of opinions say that the option to adjust it thru BIOS was not added until later PCB revisions - which would indicate that it's never actually been possible on my motherboard - but I'm <i>sure</i> I saw the option, but never changed it.

Can anyone confirm this? or am I simply going quietly insane? :eek:

I'll post back later when I get home with my exact board & BIOS rev.

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
<pre>*checks no-one's watching*</pre><p>*cough*Cough* BUMP *cough*Cough*

Anyone?

I would post in the motherboards section but I thought I'd try to get this in the right place, and I can't go posting elsewhere as I hate other ppl doing that so would have to hit myself with something. :eek:

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Having looked about, I reckon that my rev 1.1 board simply doesn't support modification of VDD from BIOS, and if I did have it in an earlier BIOS is was simply because I'd flashed in a BIOS with the option, but it wouldn't have done anything if I had changed it, and subsequent updates have detected that my mobo doesn't support it so don't even offer the option :frown:

I've flashed the latest one in anyway..

Never mind, 205FSB from a board that only officially supports 166 w/ a CPU that only officially supports 133 will have to do for now :smile: .

This forum's really dead isn't it? I knew it didn't get much traffic, but it's getting less than 1 post a day.

---

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
I think i remember reading that on some epox boards, increasing the agp signaling voltage also increases the chipset voltage...its worth a try...

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a processor
110% BX fanboy

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
interesting... VDD voltage is definitely <i>readable</i>.. In fact it appears in the 'magic health' thing at bootup so that'll be easy to check too! thanks - I'll give it a try + report my findings. As long as it doesn't blow my Ti4600 Up of course :lol:

---