Problem installing new C: disk

I'm trying to install a new c: disk to replace one
that crashed. After creating the Primary DOS partition
and re-booting, when I try to format the disk, I get
"Invalid media type reading drive C"

It's a Gateway Athlon 1.3GHz system running WinME.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you have not formatted the hard drive, do so. Boot from the ME CD or from an
ME boot floppy, and enter the DOS-level command:

FORMAT C:

After that, an ME install should go OK... Ben Myers

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 03:42:45 GMT, "CapeGuy" <dev@nughl.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to install a new c: disk to replace one
>that crashed. After creating the Primary DOS partition
>and re-booting, when I try to format the disk, I get
>"Invalid media type reading drive C"
>
>It's a Gateway Athlon 1.3GHz system running WinME.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!

The "Invalid media type reading drive C" came as a
response when I was trying to format the new disk.

Turns out I made a mistake by choosing option 4
instead of option 3 with FDISK. When I used the
correct FDISK option, the format after that went
quite smoothly.