Motorolas dont use Verizon towers???

Poker

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005

I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
The he said this...
"I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
towers..."
WHAT?
Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
imagine anything like this being true..

--

Join the Poker action...with and EDGE !
Up to $600 added to your deposit !

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:53:03 -0700, "Poker" <webmaster@gotbonus.com>
wrote:

>I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
>I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
>salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
>The he said this...
>"I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
>towers..."
>WHAT?
>Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
>imagine anything like this being true..

You need to tell any clerk who gives you information like that they
should stay off drugs while they are working. The line he handed you
is pure BS.

Radio Shack is only good for SIMPLE stuff. If that.
Like batteries and maybe a flashlight.
Which might be useful in shining light up where the
'sun never shines" - definitely the area where the Rat
Shack drone's head was - up.

"Poker" <webmaster@gotbonus.com> wrote in message
>I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to
> the
> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
> The he said this...
> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
> towers..."
> WHAT?
> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
> imagine anything like this being true..
>
> --
>

> Join the Poker action...with and EDGE !
> Up to $600 added to your deposit !
> www.gotbonus.com

Poker

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005

Ok, I figured it was just BS, but by chance I asked here...I knew I would
get the truth.
That being said I am sure there are varied opinions about the relative
quality of moto vs.LG.
Any facts that support or refute this( as it might pertain to reception, in
the phoenix area even).

--
New Online Poker Players ! GotBonus?
Deposit bonus code information for the top poker rooms on the internet.

wrote:

>I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
>I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
>salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
>The he said this...
>"I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
>towers..."
>WHAT?
>Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
>imagine anything like this being true..

The problem is your were talking to a moron at Radio Shack. Not hard
to do, since Tandy corporate policy dictates that each store must
employ at least 3.

Feel free to print this post out and let him read it (assuming he
*can* read).

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Poker wrote:
> I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
> The he said this...
> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
> towers..."
> WHAT?
> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
> imagine anything like this being true..

Consider where you got the information...

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:16:37 -0400, George <george@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Poker wrote:
>> I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
>> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
>> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
>> The he said this...
>> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
>> towers..."
>> WHAT?
>> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
>> imagine anything like this being true..
>>
>Consider where you got the information...

How true. Back when Kyocera was still Qualcomm, I was looking in my
local store for something else and the sales nerd starts in on me
about signing up with them for cellular service. I told him no, I had
already signed up directly with VZW and I was happy with my then
QCP-820. The sales driod then makes the mother of all dumbass
comments:

"Oh, the 820 is a good phone. Radio Shack makes all of Qualcomm's
phones."

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Joseph wrote:

> You need to tell any clerk who gives you information like that they
> should stay off drugs while they are working. The line he handed you
> is pure BS.

No drugs needed. It is just typical of RS, Best Buy and others. They
hire a bunch of kids and pump them up with just enough hype to
enthusiastically sell stuff and run lots of advertising claiming they
are experts. If you happen to get a correct answer it is just random luck.

Before you buy a phone at RS, make sure you understand their
warranty. I had loads of trouble with a 7868 StarTac a few years back
because Radio Shack bought the phones from Motorola w/o warranty and
services them themselves. I had the phone back five times until I
finally blew my top and they gave me a new one.

I do not know if the situation has changed, but I'd definately check
first.

Thanks.

Jeff

Dean

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, right.
"Poker" <webmaster@gotbonus.com> wrote in message
>I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to
> the
> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
> The he said this...
> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
> towers..."
> WHAT?
> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
> imagine anything like this being true..
>
> --
>

> Join the Poker action...with and EDGE !
> Up to $600 added to your deposit !
> www.gotbonus.com

Dean

You'll open a can of worms, there.

Each brand has its fan club, as well as its detractors.

Two family members have LG's and are very happy with them. Five family
members have Motos, and are happy with them too. I just switched from a Moto
v60s to a Kyocera kx1v. So far, although I have been somewhat of a Moto fan,
the Kyo acts like a much better phone in terms of making and getting calls.
Also my eyes aren't what they used to be, and the Kyo display is way better.

I really wanted the Moto v65p, but they wouldn't sell it to me without the
PTT plan. It would've been nice to have all my accessories fit the new
phone, and I'm still getting used to the UI on the Kyo, but I like it a lot.

Dean
_______________________________________

George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:85KdnY5--e4NCD7fRVn-
jw@adelphia.com:

> Consider where you got the information...

"Radio Shack....You've got questions? We've got SALESMEN!"

He's got to be one of the stupidest ones you'll meet....(c;

i work at best buy and i take offense to your comments. Best Buy actually
trains their employees and they are very helpful. Although i work at the
front lanes and have to ask people if they want a free magazine.
"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Joseph wrote:
>

>> You need to tell any clerk who gives you information like that they
>> should stay off drugs while they are working. The line he handed you
>> is pure BS.
>>
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>>
> No drugs needed. It is just typical of RS, Best Buy and others. They hire
> a bunch of kids and pump them up with just enough hype to enthusiastically
> sell stuff and run lots of advertising claiming they are experts. If you
> happen to get a correct answer it is just random luck.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:09:02 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>i work at best buy and i take offense to your comments. Best Buy actually
>trains their employees and they are very helpful. Although i work at the
>front lanes and have to ask people if they want a free magazine.

Oh yea, that "free magazine" training course.

>"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Joseph wrote:
>>

>>> You need to tell any clerk who gives you information like that they
>>> should stay off drugs while they are working. The line he handed you
>>> is pure BS.
>>>
>>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>>>
>> No drugs needed. It is just typical of RS, Best Buy and others. They hire
>> a bunch of kids and pump them up with just enough hype to enthusiastically
>> sell stuff and run lots of advertising claiming they are experts. If you
>> happen to get a correct answer it is just random luck.

"Poker" <webmaster@gotbonus.com> wrote in message
> I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to
the
> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
> The he said this...
> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
> towers..."
> WHAT?
> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
> imagine anything like this being true..

My Motorola V265 runs off batteries. ;-D

Get a 3W bag phone and have it run off the excess weight. hihi

"Poker" <webmaster@gotbonus.com> wrote in message
> by chance I asked here...I knew I would
> get the truth.

Quite the assumption on your part .. <--{ LOL }--->

rring <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in

> Oh yea, that "free magazine" training course.

I got thrown out because I was wearing a blue Best Buy shirt I found in a
thrift shop. The store manager said someone might confuse me with an
"associate".

THAT offended ME!....(c;

I'm too big for him to try to take it away from me....

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:10:06 GMT, "Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik"
<DRFafoofnik@rumpledanus.com> wrote:

>You went to Radio Schlock...where the motto is "You have questions....we
>HAVE batteries!!!!"

I thought it was "You have questions? So do we!"

Anybody here old enough to remember the Radio Shack Battery of the Month
Club? RS would give you one free cheesy battery (non-alkaline) every month.
The battery was worth about $0.10.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:56:15 -0400, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com>
wrote:

>No, no! Once in a while BB's good for a loss leader CD spindle.....

And they're the only place in town to find a 9 hour VHS tape. They
used to carry 10 hour ones, but they seemed to have disappeared.

<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>i work at best buy and i take offense to your comments. Best Buy actually
>trains their employees and they are very helpful. Although i work at the
>front lanes and have to ask people if they want a free magazine.

That may well be true, *IF* you can find someone in the back to
actually help. I've spent 30 minutes or more many, many times waiting
for someome to help me with an item in the Greenville, SC store.
Fortunately, most of the time I go in there, I know exactly what I'm
looking for.

But your front clerks and greeter have always been nice, and there's
rarely long lines at the registers.;-)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:52:26 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Anybody here old enough to remember the Radio Shack Battery of the Month
>Club? RS would give you one free cheesy battery (non-alkaline) every month.
>The battery was worth about $0.10.

Yeah, that was back in the days when the stores had tube testers and
you could buy sets of channel crystals to plug into your CB
walkie-talkie.

Poker wrote:
> I stopped in a local RS this afternoon looking at the LG VX7000.
> I have a T730 and a v60S, both of which are awful. I explained this to the
> salesperson and he agreed that the Motos are trouble.
> The he said this...
> "I'll let you I on a little secret, the Motorola's do not run off Verizon
> towers..."
> WHAT?

I'll let you in on another little secret: if the average RadioShack
salesmoron actually HAD any real knowledge on the products they sell,
they probably wouldn't be working at RadioShack.

> Can any shed any light on what the heck he may be talking about? I cant
> imagine anything like this being true..

It's not. If it's a Verizon phone, then it will use Verizon cell sites
whenever it can.

You should have called the salesdroid on his stupidity. If the Motorola
phones on Verizon do NOT use VZW cell sites, then whose DO they use?
Nextel? T-Mobile? Then I'd like to see him explain how a CDMA handset
manages to operate off GSM or iDEN cell sites.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
> i work at best buy and i take offense to your comments.

No offense, but you should probably take more offense at your skill set
and resulting paycheck, and work to better both.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

TRENDING THREADS