BF 1942 like games

I like BF 1942 and am looking for games similar to this one. Any suggestions?

My Machine
GA-7DX+
Athlon XP 1600+
1GB PC 2100 DDR
MX440 64Mb DDR
60GB Maxtor 5400RPM
Fortissimo III
CDRW/DVD
Logitech Z640's
WinXP
7 answers Last reply
More about 1942 games
  1. You could check out "Call of Duty" when it's released, as well as the "Day of Defeat" mod for Half Life.
  2. Battlefield Vietnam when it comes out.
    I play a little BF1942 and counterstrike. DOD (day of defeat) like he said, is a great free similar game if you have halflife.

-----
    1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache
  3. I'm a hardcore Day of Defeat lover. I havn't played any FPS online game that I've liked as much. Tryed BF1942 but it didn't seem to have the realism that DOD has. I love the one shot your dead thing and the guns that recoil as you shoot, effecting your shot and the gun sounds are awesome comparied to others I've played. I'm actually looking for another online game FSP that is similar to DOD or better. Anybody got any suggestions.
  4. I'd have to agree, counterstrike gameplay hasnt been beaten to this day. I really is a phenomenon. I dont think there is much to suggest unless you prefer something with more "candy" gameplay like quake3/UT2k3 styled games.
    The problem I feel with CS and its mods is the amount of cheaters in the game, its so popular you can get a hack online in 2minutes. Hell I have one in case I feel someone is hacking.
    Though people accusing those of "hacking" is much more common when people dont understand how good some people are in that game.

If everyone took a shot in the CPL they'd understand how good ppl are.
    I for one suck! But its still fun.

-----
    1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache
  5. Just wait for UT2004 to come out "this fall"... if it really will or not, I don't know.

But it seems to have lots of BF1942 characteristics (large maps, vehicles, teamplay stuff... etc.).
  6. i have ut2k3, its a fun game but more of the same as far as q3a established. unrealtournament 2003 is definitely the best of the candy shooters now.
    i think ut2k4 will combine alot of elements (including gameplay), looks pretty good!

-----
  7. Try Medal of Honor Allied Assualt. I also have Battlefield 1942, but MOH is a much better FPS. Better graphics, more action. Try multiplayer - it's addicting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Windows XP Video Games