just bought vx-8000

I just bought a vx 8000 yesterday. I was wanting to see what other's
opinions are of this phone. How is it signal wise and how long is the
battery life? Is there a way to put a card in it to capture more video or
pictures? I know verizon is coming to my area this year (right now uses
alltel as extended network). How hard is it to switch numbers when the local
calling prefix (304-479) becomes available?
thanks

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

>I just bought a vx 8000 yesterday. I was wanting to see what other's
>opinions are of this phone.

I like mine a lot. I think it's the best phone you can get from VZW at this
time.

How is it signal wise

Okay. I would consider it solid but not one of the very best. Of course, I
believe it probably is the best of the all digital lineup. And soon it
appears about everything at VZW will be all digital.

> and how long is the battery life?

I bought the extended life battery right away. All I can say is I never run
low on battery no matter how much I talk, it seems. I'm sure there is a
limit, but the extended batter will go one hellova long time.

> Is there a way to put a card in it to capture more video or pictures?

No. However, using BitPim you can download your pics to your computer for
free and keep on taking 'em!

> How hard is it to switch numbers when the local calling prefix (304-479)
> becomes available?

No idea. But I think you answer to this would have to come from VZW itself.

-Frank