just bought vx-8000

I just bought a vx 8000 yesterday. I was wanting to see what other's
opinions are of this phone. How is it signal wise and how long is the
battery life? Is there a way to put a card in it to capture more video or
pictures? I know verizon is coming to my area this year (right now uses
alltel as extended network). How hard is it to switch numbers when the local
calling prefix (304-479) becomes available?
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about just bought 8000

    >I just bought a vx 8000 yesterday. I was wanting to see what other's
    >opinions are of this phone.

    I like mine a lot. I think it's the best phone you can get from VZW at this
    time.

    How is it signal wise

    Okay. I would consider it solid but not one of the very best. Of course, I
    believe it probably is the best of the all digital lineup. And soon it
    appears about everything at VZW will be all digital.

    > and how long is the battery life?

    I bought the extended life battery right away. All I can say is I never run
    low on battery no matter how much I talk, it seems. I'm sure there is a
    limit, but the extended batter will go one hellova long time.

    > Is there a way to put a card in it to capture more video or pictures?

    No. However, using BitPim you can download your pics to your computer for
    free and keep on taking 'em!

    > How hard is it to switch numbers when the local calling prefix (304-479)
    > becomes available?

    No idea. But I think you answer to this would have to come from VZW itself.

    -Frank

Verizon Internet Service Providers