Far Cry 3 Graphics Issue

Jayzzle

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hi every body. I have an irritating problem with Far Cry 3 showing like a windowed version of the game I'm playing ghosted on the top left corner of the screen, it's quite large and hampers gameplay quite a bit, I have taken a screen shot to show you what I mean.

Screenshot0002_zpsd010eb31.png

I play the game on a laptop, It is quite old but it can run the game fine on low with no issues at all, except for the above. My laptop specs are...

OS Windows Vista 32
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.5
2.00gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

Anything else you need to know I will answer to the best of my ability. Many thanks in advance.

skulls a marker for a bad guy. when you hold your sights on the enemy for a couple of seconds there taged with different markers. the skull is just 1 of em. animals have a teeth marker, snipers a cross hair, grunts a skull, and so on...
i guess you thought it was some kind of bot/overlay. its not mate. its perfectly legit.

Jayzzle

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

It doesn't fix it no, and it takes a long time to alt tab back to the game, a good few minutes. And it doesn't happen in the menu either, pretty much everything is fine, except for that on the screen.

As HEXiT said, It's a marker.

mi1ez

Splendid

nah, just curious. never played it and don't remember seeing it in reviews.

Jayzzle

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

You Sir's.. Are geniuses. I had thought that windows update would have sorted my drivers, as I run it every week or so. Evidently it is not all it's cracked up to be.

blackmancer - Many MANY thanks for the link. Not only did it fix the Far Cry issue, it also got Sniper Elite V2 working also.

mi1ez - Thankfully, the re-installation of the game was not necessary. The drivers fixed it.

Thank you very much guys for you assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Jayzzle

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Ahh I checked the forums for how to do it, and it seems that as I started a Discussion rather than a Question I am unable to select a Best Answer. My apologies.