Far Cry 3 Graphics Issue

Hi every body. I have an irritating problem with Far Cry 3 showing like a windowed version of the game I'm playing ghosted on the top left corner of the screen, it's quite large and hampers gameplay quite a bit, I have taken a screen shot to show you what I mean.

I play the game on a laptop, It is quite old but it can run the game fine on low with no issues at all, except for the above. My laptop specs are...

OS Windows Vista 32
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.5
2.00gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

Anything else you need to know I will answer to the best of my ability. Many thanks in advance.
13 answers Last reply
More about graphics issue
  1. If you press Alt+Tab and go back to the desktop, then hit Alt+Tab again back to the game does this fix it? also does this happen in the menu?
  2. Strange. It's also not the whole screen, only the player is shown twice with the background being fine...
  3. And what's the skull?
  4. skulls a marker for a bad guy. when you hold your sights on the enemy for a couple of seconds there taged with different markers. the skull is just 1 of em. animals have a teeth marker, snipers a cross hair, grunts a skull, and so on...
    i guess you thought it was some kind of bot/overlay. its not mate. its perfectly legit.
  5. blackmancer said:
    If you press Alt+Tab and go back to the desktop, then hit Alt+Tab again back to the game does this fix it? also does this happen in the menu?

It doesn't fix it no, and it takes a long time to alt tab back to the game, a good few minutes. And it doesn't happen in the menu either, pretty much everything is fine, except for that on the screen.

mi1ez said:
    And what's the skull?

As HEXiT said, It's a marker.
    HEXiT said:
    skulls a marker for a bad guy.
  6. HEXiT said:
    skulls a marker for a bad guy. when you hold your sights on the enemy for a couple of seconds there taged with different markers. the skull is just 1 of em. animals have a teeth marker, snipers a cross hair, grunts a skull, and so on...
    i guess you thought it was some kind of bot/overlay. its not mate. its perfectly legit.

nah, just curious. never played it and don't remember seeing it in reviews.
  7. @OP Best start with the usual fixes.

Latest drivers? (won't be very recent being a laptop)

Reinstalled game?

Windows up-to-date?
  8. blackmancer said:

mi1ez said:
    @OP Best start with the usual fixes.

Latest drivers? (won't be very recent being a laptop)

You Sir's.. Are geniuses. I had thought that windows update would have sorted my drivers, as I run it every week or so. Evidently it is not all it's cracked up to be.

blackmancer - Many MANY thanks for the link. Not only did it fix the Far Cry issue, it also got Sniper Elite V2 working also.

mi1ez - Thankfully, the re-installation of the game was not necessary. The drivers fixed it.

Thank you very much guys for you assistance. It is greatly appreciated.
  9. no problemo pal. I only ask 1 favour, pick my post as the best response. :P
  10. How do I do that? :)
  11. Ahh I checked the forums for how to do it, and it seems that as I started a Discussion rather than a Question I am unable to select a Best Answer. My apologies.
  12. hehe, all good so long as ur probs fixed I don't mind
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Graphics Video Games