Steam games wont launch.

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Steam
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
January 21, 2013 8:00:01 PM

First of all this doesn't effect all of my steam games. For instance Just Cause 2 and assassins creed 3 work fine and normal. But when i try to launch GTA 4 and team fortress 2 it will say preparing to launch game and then nothing will happen. The program is listed on the task manager under process but not applications. When i go to the resource manager it is there and running but being wait chained. To try and fix this i have validated my local files and cache, re installed, ran as admin, no firewall or malware is blocking it, and i have tried launching it strait from the source file, steam and all of my drivers are up to date. One weird thing i came across is i can sucessfuly launch the game immediately after start up. Once the start up reaches the desktop i have about a 10 sec interval where i can launch the game just fine and play as long as i want, but when i close it and then try to launch it again nothing will happen.

Spec.
Windows 7 64bit
Cpu:i5 3570k
Gpu:Msi gtx 660 ti
Ram:8gb ddr3

More about : steam games wont launch

January 22, 2013 4:30:07 PM

Would you happen to have a program running in the background to control settings for any special hardware you have? For example, a control panel for a gaming mouse, or settings for SurroundSound Headphones?
m
l
February 13, 2013 9:52:20 PM

I dont have any background programs running except virtuMVP.
m
l