New Egg.... I thought they were good?

Propain666

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
All orders have been delayed due to their servers being down.

WTH!!

I spoke with Customer Service and got another girl (See my Video Card Experience with New Egg in another post)

Me: Id like to check the status of my order since it hasnt been update yet (Order placed Sunday night)

Girl: Ummmm like all our servers are down so I cant check your order.

Me: Ahh, that stinks, will this delay processing on my order?

Girl: Ohh yeah "Everything is screwed up including orders"

Me: Ummmm did you just say "Everything is screwed up" ?

Girl: Yeah, its a nightmare over here right now, call back in like an hour"

Me: Alllllllllllllllrighty then.

Damn, should I just cancel my order? I know they are supposed to be good but im losing confidence.

Imagine I had to RMA something!! YIKES!! 8O

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
It happens. Who knows, mebbe they will give you free shipping or something.

Overall newegg is a very good store, but they are vulnerable to these kinds of things. Besides, if you wanted it now, you could have just gone to a local store and bought it, right?

If you're losing confidence over this, just go buy it yourself.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

WTH!!

I spoke with Customer Service and got another girl (See my Video Card Experience with New Egg in another post)

Me: Id like to check the status of my order since it hasnt been update yet (Order placed Sunday night)

Damn, should I just cancel my order? I know they are supposed to be good but im losing confidence.

I just ordered something from them, they have never really had good customer support for me, they refused to pay charges they caused on my credit card, such as charging me twice and overdrawing me, and not accepting RMA's. Hopefully this crap gets resolved.

BTW: Wrong section for this bud.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Propain666

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006

WTH!!

I just ordered something from them, they have never really had good customer support for me, they refused to pay charges they caused on my credit card, such as charging me twice and overdrawing me, and not accepting RMA's. Hopefully this crap gets resolved.

BTW: Wrong section for this bud.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Well I bought a CPU so I figured I could pick any section. JK :)

Yeah, I hope it gets resolved soon. 2 calls, and didnt hang up with a good feeling each time. :)

Why dont I goto the store and buy it now? Well, simply because New Egg has better prices and im saving on tax. I guess your asking me a loaded question so ill post your response...

"This is the kind of thing you have to deal with to get better prices"

My post will then follow with....

"Yeah, I guess"

:)

Mardorf

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Well... I regret ever doing business with newegg now. Sheesh... I've never had to work so hard on getting an order processed and getting the items shipped to me in my life from any company.

I had to RMA the mobo and vdo card. OMG What a headache it is and still going. What turned out to be an exciting time for me of building a new sweet gaming rig has been tainted with EXTREMELY BAD customer service and support.

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN !!!! I will gladly pay the extra dollars for better customer support else where.

Here's the story if you care to read.

Order parts for my new system from their site. Place 5 orders. 2 orders were processed and the other 3 cancelled. They said they needed address verification. Ummm.. why did the other 2 order was processed that morning then? Cancelle those 3 orders and redo them. Same thing. They need to verify shipping address. Spoke with CR and verify with them shipping address along with Credit Card company. All is good. They sat on those orders for 4 days before even process.

Finally got all my parts to build my PC. Woohooo... put it all together then noticed they sent wrong Evga video card out. I ordered the 519 model and they shipped the 516, go figure.

Called in for RMA. CR gave me RMA and said UPS will be out next morning between 8 and noon to pick it up. Cool.. I will stay home to meet them at door. Next morning.. no UPS, contacted Newegg to see what's up. No UPS call was made so wasted my morning. They call UPS then and there to get item picked up that afternoon and overnight it to them because of their mix up. Thought ok.. cool.. I can deal with that. Three days go by, no word or update from them. Called Newegg back and they have no tracking number of my RMA and no tracking number for UPS. OMG !!! WTH is going on with them? Talked to exactly 8 different people to get status on this and no help there.

Still waiting now for them to get the item in their wearhouse which was overnighted last Tuesday. So much for overnighting something to get there fast when it is now a week later and they don't know where it is.

END OF RANT...

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I have dealt with newegg for a long time and they are, by far, one of the best on-line retailers around. I'm sorry some of you have bad experiences, but there will always be something that happens from time to time.

As for their customer service, I typically deal with them through email and they have always resolved the issues I had. I have never paid a restocking fee, because I have simply asked to have it waved, and it always has been waved.

I deal with them almost exclusively, only going elsewhere when they don't have what I want. I've never had an issue with them, and I buy a lot of stuff, either for my personal use or for my business.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
nah I'm just pointing out that if you wanted it right away, you'd just go buy it, plus servers dying happens every now and then. :)

Just have some patience, I'm sure they're trying to get everything figured out asap.

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
I've had very good luck with Newegg over several transactions and never had a problem, but I was sorry when they went to UPS. Seems they change their software a lot too, I liked the old interface better.
I had Zipzoomfly RMA an Abit board in very short order and they were great, and I would recommend them.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Lately I've noticed that their order response time has taken longer but they're still better than most on the web.

I don't like talking to people on the phone but the one time I did deal with them on the phone they did a decent job. I've only RMA'd once with them and it was painless. I've never had billing issues with them and I've been ordering from them since before 2000.

All I can say is that perhaps they've started to bite off more than they can chew now that they've been selling consumer electronics/appliances as well. Personally I think they should've stuck with computer parts. Since you can only order online with them, I doubt they have a large sales/support staff and I think the extra workload is starting to take its toll on the Egg.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I have had great luck with Newegg and I have bought literally thousands of dollars worth of stuff over the years from them. But in this case I might cancel and check out zipzoomfly.com. I have ordered equal amounts with both and actually had to RMA with both, newegg was easy but zipzoomfly was even easier. Plus most stuff has 2day air included in price. I always check both places before ordering. I would cancel and reorder with zipzoomfly who knows you may even save a buck or two.

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I've had very good luck with Newegg over several transactions and never had a problem, but I was sorry when they went to UPS. Seems they change their software a lot too, I liked the old interface better.
I had Zipzoomfly RMA an Abit board in very short order and they were great, and I would recommend them.

I did like the old NE interface better too, but I must say the new search features are sweet. The site is a bit slower now, but it's more than made up by the searching. I like zipzoomfly too, but finding stuff on their site is much more painful. Perhaps it's because I'm accustomed to neweggs site. Who knows.

kolemunky

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I bought a 20.1" lcd from newegg, and when I realized it was crap they gave me an RMA even though they clearly state that they will not accept returns on monitors. I got hit with a 15% restocking fee, but it beats being stuck with a $600 piece o sheet. Newegg is cool in my book.

Propain666

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Update:

Order cancelled.

What a disapointment.

I decided to go with the no interest no payment for 6 months and it seems that was the issue along with their server problems.

Card was approved with $2800 on a $3000 order so the order so it got declined.

My credit score is under 720 and I have credit cards with $15,000 credit limits and I have ZERO debt, So I dont know what their problem is.

So New Egg tells me to call and up the limit on the card. Sure, why not.

2-3 weeks to up the limit on the card.

Now I could just pay for the parts right now but since New Egg and this BS has now set me back 1-2 days on delivery screw em.

I cancelled my order and will take my $3k elsewhere. :)

/flipoff New Egg.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I would give zipzoomfly a shot. I have always bought my cpus and mobos from them. They always seem to be just a hair lower in price with faster delivery. When I build a system I usually end up buying from both to get the best price on everything.

Godiva

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004
I just ordered a headset and a VGA cooler from Newegg on saturday, both were shipped already. I always choose Newegg they are the best.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Sorry you had trouble with NewEgg. I've built 3 rigs over the years with parts from NewEgg and have never had a problem with any thing. Even had a few RMA's on the first rig but they handled it all quite well. Hope you get everything you want and in a timely manner if not from New Egg, at least from somewhere.

Da Worfster

Propain666

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Sorry you had trouble with NewEgg. I've built 3 rigs over the years with parts from NewEgg and have never had a problem with any thing. Even had a few RMA's on the first rig but they handled it all quite well. Hope you get everything you want and in a timely manner if not from New Egg, at least from somewhere.

Da Worfster

I went to zipzoomfly and their website is nice but when I called to ask them a question about the order I got the...

"Im sorry all reps are busy right now, please leave your name and number and we will call you back"

Small operation huh?

No thanks...

Back to New Egg only to find that the parts I had ordered (Mobo and Vid Card) are now out of stock.....

Very frustrating experience dealing with these online companies. Its a shame my distributor doesnt deal in high end stuff like this or I would just use them.

Ill keep you all updated.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with NewEgg. I thnik one of their problems is that people get offended when their order doesn't ship same-day. They have set the bar way too high for themselves.

I used to shop on Amazon and sometimes my orders would wait weeks for their products to be in-stock. I had to cancel book orders for classes because I didn't need the book for the third week of classes, I needed it for the first week!

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I've had a few problems with Newegg, although none so bad that I refuse to buy from them. Their shipping was better when it was from FedEx. There are other good places to shop online with good pricing and service. Also, even though Newegg has lots of stuff, there are obviously items they don't have. My advice is to shop around and get what you really want, and sometimes you can find the same stuff cheaper. Don't just buy what Newegg has. I've had good experiences with Zipzoomfly, Page Computers, Monarch Computers, the Nerds, and Computer Geeks. Of course, I'm sure there are those out there that didn't have a good experience from one of these, as that's just the way it goes, no one is perfect. But overall, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

ro3dog

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Hi,Ive got a good one.I ordered two(2) PNY 7900gtx from MONARCHCOMPUTER on 3/10/2006 a Friday.On 3/14/2006 a Tuesday I got a confer. shipment in warehouse allow 1 to 2 business days for dilivery.O.k ,on 3/17/2006 a Friday,I decide that I would give MONARCHCOMPUTER a call to see what's up.I was told by a rep. that they dont have the cards and was waiting for PNY to deliver the cards sometime next week and I should have gotten an e-mail stating that.I told him I did not and that it was unacceptable.I ask why would the site say that you have the cards when you did not,he says they were promised 4000 cards but did not get there full shipment.I told him I want to cancell, he said I have to do it by e-mail.So I did twice hoping to get a confer.So I called MONARCHCOMPUTER back and was told that confer. takes a few hours,cancellation takes 10 to 15 days.Now isn't that funny!Please laugh so I don't cry :D

TRENDING THREADS