ZA Pro Blocking HTTPS

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 11, 2004 5:14:01 PM

I'm having a problem where Zone Alarm Pro is blocking https (not http) even
though the security rule says to allow MSIE.

Is this a known problem and how do I work around?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

More about : pro blocking https

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 1:34:13 AM

Taking a moment's reflection, CHANGE USERNAME TO westes mused:

| I'm having a problem where Zone Alarm Pro is blocking https (not http)
| even though the security rule says to allow MSIE.
|
| Is this a known problem and how do I work around?

Check your logs in ZA. What do they say?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 1:34:14 AM

That's the weirdest part. No log activity at all. No blocked connections
are shown in the log.

Any attempt to submit a form on an https page hangs the browser. If I stop
ZAPRO's service, the https form submission instantly works.

--

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote in message
news:p zpyc.28676$HG.14156@attbi_s53...
> Taking a moment's reflection, CHANGE USERNAME TO westes mused:
> |
> | I'm having a problem where Zone Alarm Pro is blocking https (not http)
> | even though the security rule says to allow MSIE.
> |
> | Is this a known problem and how do I work around?
>
> Check your logs in ZA. What do they say?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 13, 2004 3:50:28 PM

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:14:01 -0700, CHANGE USERNAME TO westes wrote:

> I'm having a problem where Zone Alarm Pro is blocking https (not http) even
> though the security rule says to allow MSIE.
>
> Is this a known problem and how do I work around?

ZAP Version 5 allows HTTPS in and out for me. What release do you have and
in what direction is the problem? If it's out then maybe your privacy
controls need changing.

Regards

Bill
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 14, 2004 7:46:32 PM

Taking a moment's reflection, CHANGE USERNAME TO westes mused:

| Any attempt to submit a form on an https page hangs the browser. If I
| stop ZAPRO's service, the https form submission instantly works.

I'm going to have to go with Phoenix and suggest that your Privacy
Controls need adjusting. To test, go to Program Controls, and turn off
Privacy for the browser you use. Then try the HTTPS connection. If it
works, you need to tweak your Privacy.
!