Hooper: DOOM Fans Will Be Happy With DOOM 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]fjsadkf[/nom]I actually really liked the Doom 3 and exp pack's story lol[/citation]

Yeah. Doom 3's light on story, but heavy on atmosphere worked very well.

[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom]Skip Doom >>> Let see
quake5[/citation]

Quake 1 was the only good Quake singleplayer. Quake 2 was lousy. Why they chose to go into a completely futuristic direction was beyond me. The medieval, gothic nature of the first game was one of its best characteristics.

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]jay2tall[/nom]Big question... Will it be DX10 or DX11? Or just another console port on old and moldy DX9.[/citation]
Honestly...I couldnt care less which DX version is used...it's a new DOOM!!

oh yeah, when was Doom ever a console port?

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Hmm, yes, it's not a sequel or reboot, yet the game retains it's title as Doom4? I would like to see a good Quake game, I did like the 1st quake with it's Dark Medieval theme.

At this point, I think id should have to prove themselves, not rest on their laurels of past accomplishments. Talk all you want, we'll see....

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I read this "DOOM 4 will definitely be "distinct" from id's other shooters, even RAGE" and what I saw was " this will be another PORTED game to rub in the face of the PC gamer" and the low an behold got to the end of the article and yes the PC version will be the last to hit the shelves

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]jay2tall[/nom]Big question... Will it be DX10 or DX11? Or just another console port on old and moldy DX9.[/citation]
Id Software is a die-hard supporter of OpenGL and PC games. It's sure to be ported to consoles and perhaps even Linux and OS X but hope they focus on showing everything OpenGL can do with the power of nowadays' PC hardware.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]gta iv was made for the xbox + ps3 + pc... it was still a port... i dont understand yah jason[/citation]

Yeah, when it involves consoles and just PC it is a port. In this case it involves Linux and Mac. On top of that rockstar prefers consoles from the beginning. Also this is id we're talking about, not rockstar. Why compare other companies?

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]jasonpwns[/nom]Yeah, when it involves consoles and just PC it is a port. In this case it involves Linux and Mac. On top of that rockstar prefers consoles from the beginning. Also this is id we're talking about, not rockstar. Why compare other companies?[/citation]

Just being pessimistic due to crytek's lie and all the ports we've been dealing with, and yea rock* hardly compares to id software, I mean they never even dealt with cheating in either gta4 games for deathmatch. But yeah, i'm hoping this will be let with opengl man, that would be bad ass, bring back the good old days when I first started playing cs.
id Software, for the love of god, please put my 6870's to use =D

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
"still retain the classic DOOM greatness"
i think the only greatness of doom was it was the first fps people played i think they may have trouble recapturing that magic. i don't know to many people that haven't played a fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS