Solved

Please help, pc randomly shuts off while gaming.

Hey everyone, i recently upgraded my gpu in my pc. gt 610 1gb to gtx 550ti 1gb. I play games like, bf3, black ops2, and chivalry medieval warfare. After I put in the gpu and turned it on, i updated the drivers and everything. I tried testing out bf3 first, the game would play for about 3-5min before my pc randomly shuts off. It happened with all the other games too. I checked my temperatures for my gpu while gaming, i get 60-70 degress Celcius. And im pretty sure that is normal for gaming. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE. I REALLY WANT TO START GAMING NOW. If there is anything else you need to know just tell me in the forum. Thank you very much.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please help randomly shuts gaming
  1. I m using Nvidia GeForce gt 630m(2gb) and I have same problem Help someone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  2. Have you checked the temps on the rest of your components? If the GPU is putting out too much heat it could cause the CPU to overheat and shut off before it gets damaged. Get something like CPU-Z and check the temps while you game on a second monitor if you can or if that's not possible, run Prime 95 and 3D Mark at the same to simulate a running a CPU intensive game and see if your temps get too high.
  3. AvinashSharma said:
    I m using Nvidia GeForce gt 630m(2gb) and I have same problem Help someone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

    If it's the 630M I'm assuming you're using a laptop in which case it's almost definitely overheating. I would recommend cleaning out the intake vents and getting a cooling pad.
  4. I thik so to buy a cooling pad
  5. @ OP what power supply do you (Make and model or how many amps on the 12V rails) have I suspect its not good enough for the upgrade.
  6. simon12 said:
    @ OP what power supply do you (Make and model or how many amps on the 12V rails) have I suspect its not good enough for the upgrade.

    turbolink atx-tl500w-bk
  7. Best answer
    Please buy a real power supply before your computer ignites in flame, destroying all components.

    I'm honestly not joking. That PSU is junk, and is probably capable of like 200W, MAYBE.

    Get something that is 80+ BRONZE certified from either Antec, Seasonic, or Corsair(all except builder series). 500W will be enough.
  8. trogdor796 said:
    Please buy a real power supply before your computer ignites in flame, destroying all components.

    I'm honestly not joking. That PSU is junk, and is probably capable of like 200W, MAYBE.

    Get something that is 80+ BRONZE certified from either Antec, Seasonic, or Corsair(all except builder series). 500W will be enough.


    I agree with what you said but can I ask why not builder series? I was going to get a Corsair 650W 80+ Bronze Builder Series and the ratings looked pretty good from what I saw.
  9. do you play guild wars 2,we can together
  10. According to Nvidia a 400W PSU is fine so the corsair 430W system builder will do the job it just doesn't have as much power as there more expensive ranges. Here is a review of the 450W version of the power supply you have http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Apevia-Turbolink-ATX-TL450W-BK-Power-Supply-Review/1212/9
    Note they say they thought it was illegal to sell this kind of junk in the US
  11. The builder series is OKAY, but they aren't made by seasonic like other corsair units. They certainly aren't junk, but if I was buying a new PSU I would spend a few extra dollars and get a nice one made from seasonic.
  12. Best answer selected by Paolo1234.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming GPUs Battlefield Video Games