Instructions to clean Super Nintendo Games

MoserLeka

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hi Guys,

Classic consoles are still fun to play, so why not unearth your old Super Nintendo from where you've been storing it all these years? Don't worry if your game cartridges have collected dust. They can still be played with a little bit of cleaning using everyday household products. Before you know it you'll be playing your Super Nintendo games as if they were brand new.

1. Spray compressed air into the bottom of the cartridge to get out all of the dust. You can use the same type of compressed air that you would use to clean your computer keyboard.

2. Soak the end of a cotton swab in ammonia. Make sure that the swab is not too full of liquid. You don't want to get excess ammonia in the cartridge.

3. Insert the cotton swab in the bottom of cartridge and rub it gently all around the open space, sides and corners.

4. Repeat Step 3 until no dirt appears on the swab. Once finished, use a paper towel to dry off any moisture in or around the cartridge.

5. Blow into the cartridge to ensure dryness and test the game by inserting it into your Super Nintendo console. If it won't load, repeat the cleaning process one more time, and if there are still problems, purchase an SNES cleaning tool. If you are still having problems with the game loading, the game may be defective.

Regards
Moser Leka

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Nice post. I grew up with the original NES and it got to the point that I felt like I wasn't getting the whole gaming experience if I didn't have to blow on the cartridge first.