Sign in with
Your question

Adventure game with no fighting

Last response: in Video Games
January 23, 2013 6:11:47 AM

Hello,

How many gamers would like to see an adventure game that did not have any fighting? Contests of strength and skill maybe, but no killing and no bullies. I ask because I'm wondering how much interest there is in such a game, maybe I'll create it.

I'm thinking game play similar to Diablo (which I love by the way) where players explore to find experience and treasure and then come back to a town or maybe their own home and create, learn skills and such. Just no zombies and no fighting.

What do you think?
January 23, 2013 2:25:35 PM

ArdentAngel said:
Hello,

How many gamers would like to see an adventure game that did not have any fighting? Contests of strength and skill maybe, but no killing and no bullies. I ask because I'm wondering how much interest there is in such a game, maybe I'll create it.

I'm thinking game play similar to Diablo (which I love by the way) where players explore to find experience and treasure and then come back to a town or maybe their own home and create, learn skills and such. Just no zombies and no fighting.

What do you think?

How do you feel about traps/spikes/fire/bottomless pits, things like that. Some older adventure games come to mind (mostly metroidvanias) that don't have fighting or baddies per say but there definitly a lot of danger.
m
l
January 24, 2013 2:05:23 PM

Thanks for the reply tinyE.

My question is asking if anyone else exists more than looking for a current game. Is anyone else interested? Would it be worth my time to create such a game?
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2013 2:16:55 PM

ArdentAngel said:
Thanks for the reply tinyE.

My question is asking if anyone else exists more than looking for a current game. Is anyone else interested? Would it be worth my time to create such a game?

I absolutly think it would be worth it! I personally love shooting and blowing up and hacking but even I like some variety from time to time. Apart from that, there are evidently people in this world not as screwed up as me who could do without fighting all together and I would imagine they are screaming for an idea like this.

It goes without saying but the game would need to go above and beyond in terms of imagination and look, so if you decide to take this on my hats off to you and best of luck.
m
l
January 24, 2013 6:20:40 PM

There have been a few games that are similar in that they give you an adventure where you have to solve puzzles to advance, though they have combat mixed in to varying degrees. Like some Tomb Raider games. As long as there are puzzles to solve, it would be fun. Darksiders II had a lot of combat and puzzles, and to be honest, the puzzles to solve were what made the game fun to me.
m
l
January 24, 2013 6:30:14 PM

There was a game, this is going on 15+ years ago for the pc that was all puzzle and featured a guy (think his name started with a 'B') and every level was a room that you had to get him accross. There were NO enemies and NO fighting but every room had a series of traps, balls, boxes you had to move in order to get accross. I mention as much for the thread as I do my desire to know the name of it. :D 

Point being, it was all puzzle and while going on ancient I think it could prove to be a nice game to, at the very least, look over if you are planning a puzzle adventure of your own.
m
l
January 24, 2013 8:57:45 PM

ArdentAngel said:
Hello,

What do you think?

I would definitely want a game like that!
m
l
March 17, 2013 2:57:06 PM

i would love a game like that i was disappointed with the new tomb raider because it more about combat unlike the previous tomb raiders where there was fighting but it was just a few opponents to kill and get out of the way to solve the puzzle in the new tomb raider they come at u in waves and there was very little puzzles to complete it felt more like a shoot em up game and that's just not my style that's why i like the tombraider games so yes there are people that would love to have a game with little to no combat that's fun and doesn't have you murdering people every five seconds :) 
m
l
March 17, 2013 7:42:35 PM

I only got this computer this year.
m
l
!