Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can anybody tell me what Kontiki Client is? I'm running Zone Alarm Pro and
have over 1,000 attempted accesses from it today, all of which were blocked.

Thanks,

Dan

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Mike

Splendid

"Dan" <spam-me@your-risk.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me what Kontiki Client is? I'm running Zone Alarm Pro
and
> have over 1,000 attempted accesses from it today, all of which were
blocked.

Click on the big blue 'e' on your desktop.
In the address bar type http://www.google.com and then click the 'Go' button
Type Kontiki Client in the Google box and click the button labled Google

;-)

> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
<Blatent advertising snipped>

Alec

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

"Dan" <spam-me@your-risk.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me what Kontiki Client is? I'm running Zone Alarm Pro
and
> have over 1,000 attempted accesses from it today, all of which were
blocked.

> Thanks,
>
> Dan

> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
> Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
> http://mail.giantcompany.com

The Kontiki client
(http://www.kontiki.com/products/deliverymanager/index.html) is most
prominently used by Gamespot.com, a video game review website. It allows
them to limit the download of video streams to paying subscribers. It makes
use of digital rights management (DRM) and is apparently considered to be
spyware (see, for example,
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,365073,00.asp). I have no idea
why it would have so many access attempts in one day, unless it has
something to do with the DRM or perhaps placement of ad content or
something. Of course, it could always be a trojan or other malware that just
happens to have the same name. <shrug>

Alec

Dan

Distinguished