Computer Upgrade?

DeadEndz

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello,
I was just wondering what you guys suggest i should upgrade on my computer for gaming. The game im wanting to be able to play is Dayz (Arma 2 Mod). I would like to run it at about 60 Frames per second on High settings. Any help would be nice! Thanks!

Solution
to run that game at 60 fps high settings you need a whole new machine. the game is badly written from the off and dayz doesnt do much to put the basic errors rite. the biggest performance hitter is the draw distance. if you have a 1 gig card you should be able to run at medium settings 1080p with a draw distance of 1000. any more than that and you will cripple the fps.
im not kidding when i say you would need a new system, i have seen this mod cripple a 3570/gtx680/16gigs of ram. on optimum settings it refuced the fps to just over 30 and there were a few things that could have still been turned up... so yeah its a system killer. but not because its gfx are good, but because of poor inital programming on the game engine.

You need a better graphics card mainly if you want to keep your CPU look at getting a Radeon 7850 or better. Or if you want a major upgrade go for an i5 3570K and a Radeon 7950 or better. Also your RAM should be Dual channel so if you have a 4Gb & a 2Gb stick get another 4Gb one and get rid of the 2 if you have 3 x 2Gb remove the one thats not in the dual channel mix or get 2 x 4Gb.. If you already hace the game are you looking for a bit upgrade on the current performance or not?

DeadEndz

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Yea i am looking for a bit of a performance boost. as of right now im playing Dayz on 1600x900 Resolution and pretty much everything turned down, no anti aliasing textures, all the way down, Ect. And i only get about 40Fps

to run that game at 60 fps high settings you need a whole new machine. the game is badly written from the off and dayz doesnt do much to put the basic errors rite. the biggest performance hitter is the draw distance. if you have a 1 gig card you should be able to run at medium settings 1080p with a draw distance of 1000. any more than that and you will cripple the fps.
im not kidding when i say you would need a new system, i have seen this mod cripple a 3570/gtx680/16gigs of ram. on optimum settings it refuced the fps to just over 30 and there were a few things that could have still been turned up... so yeah its a system killer. but not because its gfx are good, but because of poor inital programming on the game engine.

Solution
at release its doubtfull as it will be running on a slightly updated engine. after 3 or so months the devs will take a look at the over riding issues and put them rite as best they can with a patch but again its just putting a bandaid on a cut that needs stiches.
the whole engine needs an overhaul. but because its trying to do so many things and be so many things.(fps shooter arma 2, flight sim /sim flight and so on) its hard for the devs to get a handle on it.
arma 3 will be pretty much the next full iteration of the real virtuality engine 4 so i would guess that anything released b4 that on the version 3 engine will have the same issues as arma 2. give or take some slight improvements.