Program and BIOS Temp Difference

The Soyo Hardware monitor program that came with my Motherboard reads my CPU temperature to be 75C. I can do a quick shutdown and get into my BIOS and read a temp of 45C. I experience NO stability problems. I am just kinda curious about this. Any thoughts?

P4 3.0GHZ 800FSB
The proscesor was clocked at 2.99GHZ using windows, I just bumped the FSB by a couple to get over the 3GHZ mark (Mental symbolic thing)

Soyo Dragon 2 Platinum (Complain as you might about soyo, but can you run 12 HD's without any expansion cards?)

1GB PC3200 Black Diamond (Is that a real manufactuerer? or just a name?)

Stock Pentium Heatsink (Going to put on my ThermalTake Volcano 7+, but lost the clips [was on AMD] any ideas for where to get them?)

Crappy 350W PSU (http://www.buyxtremegear.com/ps102110.html , is that PSU bad? My case is clear and UV reactive, wanna keep up the gig)

ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (Cant overclock the darn thing without some modification <shrugs>)

::It doesnt matter what path you take if you don't know where you are going::
1 answer Last reply
More about program bios temp difference
  1. Most of the time poeple get confused with the socket sensor with the diode sensor which would read higher than the socket sensor. However in your case, that software is a POS and should use MBM5.

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.8)
    Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
    1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
    Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/720)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Soyo Overclocking