So, I WANT to buy Crysis 3...

But Origin isn't going to let me.

Here's the deal. I bought the original Crysis , and loved it. I then forgot the password to my EA or Origin account, or something like that. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I went and bought Crysis 2.

In order for me to play multiplayer, it required me to log in with my account. I tried to reset the password, and... it did nothing. So I've never been able to play Crysis 2 multiplayer, because it wouldn't let me sign up with an alternate email address, since the game was bought on the same Steam account as the original Crysis.

So now here we are in 2013, and I get sucked in by EA's promises that Crysis 3 is going to be amazing, so I try to preorder it. Out of desperation, I try once again to reset my password. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and even though each one of them SAYS it'll send a password reset email, neither of them does. (And yes, I've checked my spam folder multiple times.)

Any ideas what I can do? EA tech support won't help unless you give them your eaID or something like that, which I don't know... and have no way of looking up.

You'd think they'd make it easier to buy their product...

Solution
Ironically, when I had an account issue with BF3, their normal support wasn't helping, and I had spent days trying to get the problem fixed. I created a Twitter account and contacted EA Support through there, and the problem was fixed within 24 hours. Kind of weird, but w/e.

And to be honest...kinda your fault for forgetting your password. I mean, it would be the same if you forgot your password for steam. Are you sure you are using the right email? I know that seems like a stupid question, but I don't see how else you wouldn't be getting an email from them.

Any you say that you don't know your Ea ID or password? Isn't your ID your email? You must know one of the two.

This is kind of a side note, but a lot of people hate on origin. I...

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Ironically, when I had an account issue with BF3, their normal support wasn't helping, and I had spent days trying to get the problem fixed. I created a Twitter account and contacted EA Support through there, and the problem was fixed within 24 hours. Kind of weird, but w/e.

And to be honest...kinda your fault for forgetting your password. I mean, it would be the same if you forgot your password for steam. Are you sure you are using the right email? I know that seems like a stupid question, but I don't see how else you wouldn't be getting an email from them.

Any you say that you don't know your Ea ID or password? Isn't your ID your email? You must know one of the two.

This is kind of a side note, but a lot of people hate on origin. I think it's fine. In fact, I've had far more issues with steam not responding and updating games, but I like both pieces of software in the end.

Solution
Huh. I might have to do that; I can't log into their help website, since I don't have the account. But with steam, I can recover the password, see. Origin isn't letting me do that. I've got the right email; it's the only one I use for account-making purposes.

The EA id is a different thing from my email; it's like a gamertag, as far as I know.