Network Intrusion Detection System

Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help for
this systems and furter informations.

I want to implement an intrusion detection system in our network and i want
to know whitch the best system is and how mutch it coasts and so on.

Greetings Uwe
6 answers Last reply
More about network intrusion detection system

    Have a look at www.snort.org

    JMM

    Thanks for your response!

    I had looked in some internet sites and i found snort too. Did you have
    installed snort or did you have some experiences with it?

    The problem is i wont to have a nice small applikation with a windows gui.
    But i didnt found something like that. Snort is a pretty programm but it
    build up on the command line. I did not have experiences with ids systems
    and so it is not the easyest way to learn about this systems.

    Thanks
    Uwe

    "John Morten Malerbakken"
    <John.Morten.removethisparttoreply@malerbakken.removethiscom> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:_KAyc.95700$dP1.309304@newsc.telia.net...

    "Uwe Allgäuer" <uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at> wrote in

    > Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help
    > for this systems and furter informations.
    >
    > I want to implement an intrusion detection system in our network and i
    > want to know whitch the best system is and how mutch it coasts and so
    > on.
    >
    > Greetings Uwe

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1663

    ISS BlackIce or its Real Secure product line

    Duane :)

    In article <40cada64$0$19650$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>,
    uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at says...
    > Thanks for your response!
    >
    > I had looked in some internet sites and i found snort too. Did you have
    > installed snort or did you have some experiences with it?
    >
    > The problem is i wont to have a nice small applikation with a windows gui.
    > But i didnt found something like that. Snort is a pretty programm but it
    > build up on the command line. I did not have experiences with ids systems
    > and so it is not the easyest way to learn about this systems.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Uwe
    >

    > "John Morten Malerbakken"
    > <John.Morten.removethisparttoreply@malerbakken.removethiscom> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag news:_KAyc.95700$dP1.309304@newsc.telia.net...
    > >
    > > > Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help
    > for
    > > > this systems and furter informations.
    > > >

    > > Have a look at www.snort.org
    > >
    > > JMM

    Take a look at IDScenter if you want a Windows GUI for Snort.
    www.engagesecurity.com

    > Take a look at IDScenter if you want a Windows GUI for Snort.
    > www.engagesecurity.com

    That could probably be a good idea, but the download does not seem to be
    able to install properly. I have tried three downloads and 5 installs. That
    is all the chances a product gets with me. So, I will wait for another one.

    JMM

    "Bucky Breeder"
    <you_r_here_2_have_fun@nd_if_not--fun_will_be_provided_at.you> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:Xns95067CE463E0FGoAheadYerMammaDid@216.196.105.138...
    > "Uwe Allgäuer" <uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at> wrote in
    >
    > Like so many things in computing, what exactly are the particulars have
    > a lot to do with what are your fields of consideration...

    Of corse you are right! I have to make a "litte" project in our factory, so
    thats the point why i search for informations about IDS systems. And i would
    heare from the expiriences from other people who have a IDS system. We have
    about 30 computers in our network. The network was growing up and now we
    want to do more for our security.

    Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I'll try some of these applikations and
    i'am sure i will know more after!

    Thanks A lot
    Uwe

Firewalls Detection Security Networking