Network Intrusion Detection System

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 4:14:06 PM

Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help for
this systems and furter informations.

I want to implement an intrusion detection system in our network and i want
to know whitch the best system is and how mutch it coasts and so on.

Greetings Uwe
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 4:14:07 PM

Have a look at www.snort.org

JMM
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 4:26:42 PM

Thanks for your response!

I had looked in some internet sites and i found snort too. Did you have
installed snort or did you have some experiences with it?

The problem is i wont to have a nice small applikation with a windows gui.
But i didnt found something like that. Snort is a pretty programm but it
build up on the command line. I did not have experiences with ids systems
and so it is not the easyest way to learn about this systems.

Thanks
Uwe

"John Morten Malerbakken"
<John.Morten.removethisparttoreply@malerbakken.removethiscom> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:_KAyc.95700$dP1.309304@newsc.telia.net...

> > Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help
for
> > this systems and furter informations.
> >

> Have a look at www.snort.org
>
> JMM

a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 5:18:43 PM

"Uwe Allgäuer" <uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at> wrote in

> Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help
> for this systems and furter informations.
>
> I want to implement an intrusion detection system in our network and i
> want to know whitch the best system is and how mutch it coasts and so
> on.
>
> Greetings Uwe

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1663

ISS BlackIce or its Real Secure product line

Duane :)
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 13, 2004 6:03:22 AM

In article <40cada64$0$19650$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>,
uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at says...
> Thanks for your response!
>
> I had looked in some internet sites and i found snort too. Did you have
> installed snort or did you have some experiences with it?
>
> The problem is i wont to have a nice small applikation with a windows gui.
> But i didnt found something like that. Snort is a pretty programm but it
> build up on the command line. I did not have experiences with ids systems
> and so it is not the easyest way to learn about this systems.
>
> Thanks
> Uwe
>

> "John Morten Malerbakken"
> <John.Morten.removethisparttoreply@malerbakken.removethiscom> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:_KAyc.95700$dP1.309304@newsc.telia.net...
> >
> > > Does anybody knows about Intrudion Detection System? I need some help
> for
> > > this systems and furter informations.
> > >

> > Have a look at www.snort.org
> >
> > JMM

Take a look at IDScenter if you want a Windows GUI for Snort.
www.engagesecurity.com
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 13, 2004 2:08:32 PM

> Take a look at IDScenter if you want a Windows GUI for Snort.
> www.engagesecurity.com

That could probably be a good idea, but the download does not seem to be
able to install properly. I have tried three downloads and 5 installs. That
is all the chances a product gets with me. So, I will wait for another one.

JMM
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 13, 2004 3:38:26 PM

"Bucky Breeder"
<you_r_here_2_have_fun@nd_if_not--fun_will_be_provided_at.you> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Xns95067CE463E0FGoAheadYerMammaDid@216.196.105.138...
> "Uwe Allgäuer" <uwe.allgaeuer@students.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at> wrote in
>
> Like so many things in computing, what exactly are the particulars have
> a lot to do with what are your fields of consideration...

Of corse you are right! I have to make a "litte" project in our factory, so
thats the point why i search for informations about IDS systems. And i would
heare from the expiriences from other people who have a IDS system. We have
about 30 computers in our network. The network was growing up and now we
want to do more for our security.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I'll try some of these applikations and
i'am sure i will know more after!

Thanks A lot
Uwe
!