Dead Space 3 is Console Port. Were DS2 & DS1 also ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Just read that Dead Space 3 will be a pure console port. Bummer. Later I read that DS2 and DS1 were also console ports. I didn't realize that and went back and played a little of DS2 and it looked quite good if it was a pure console port. Were the previous 2 Dead Space games also console ports?

kjoz

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I've played DS1 and DS2 on the 360 and for DS3 was planning on playing it on the PC.. Were the DS1 and DS2 ports solid? If so, is it worth getting on PC?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not normally a fan of third person games. I prefer 1st person, but I really liked DS1 and 2. Yes, DS2 was a surprisingly good port (if that is what it was), but not so much with DS1. IMO, DS3 will be well worth getting and playing on the PC if they do as good a job porting it as they did with the 2nd one. I know I will be getting it for my PCs. Word of caution: DS2 had a 5 activation limit. (have to remember to uninstall to re-coup the activation) I contacted EA earlier because I forgot and ran out of activations. The rep said that he didn't think DS3 would have that limitation. We'll see.

Update:
Just installed DS2 on a really weak machine. Single core AMD Sempron 145 2.8GHZ with a DDR3 HD 6670 1GB card. I set the graphics option to custom and then set everything to their max settings. I am re-playing it @ 1920x1080 resolution and frame rate is smooth as silk. That just floored me! Max settings at 1080p with a Sempron and 6670?

both earlier versions were console ports. this 1 will be no different. solid? not really the second 1 would often bug out on the upgrade centers. and eather make you invisable, bug out the game or bug out the gfx so they went black and would show flares and glares that wipe out the screen... so no ds2 wasnt particularly stable. even now it can be a bit hissy with gfx drivers.

kjoz

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Nice! Appreciate the info.. Will probably pick it up and give a go.. hopefully i am not disappointed lol

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I have no idea what you are talking about. I've played DS1 and 2 on several machines from (now) this Sempron to the one in my sig. With a whole range of AMD and Nvidia cards. Ran it on so many different machines I've built, that I forgot all about the activation limit as mentioned above. Never once have I had any issues with DS2 on any machine. Ever. I think many folks' issues with games are due to bad PC housekeeping.

Btw, I'm referring to the single player experience only. Never did the multiplayer w/DS1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.