Internet security books

Can anyone recommend a good book on internet security/firewalls?

I run McAfee Firewall Plus and any info on setting it up would be of interest.

Cheers

T7318
2 answers Last reply
More about internet security books

    On 12 Jun 2004 11:30:31 GMT, T7318 wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good book on internet security/firewalls?

    As seen in Message-ID: <slrnbvmu1e.d34.eirik@kain.mi.uib.no> ,

    "Building Internet Firewalls, 2. ed", ISBN: 1565928717
    "Firewalls and Internet Security, 2. ed", ISBN: 020163466X
    "Firewall Architecture for the Enterprise", ISBN: 076454926X

    > I run McAfee Firewall Plus and any info on setting it up would
    > be of interest.

    Maybe the "The Best Damn Firewall Book Period" (ISBN: 1931836906)
    covers this product? I havent seen it myself, but I hear it is
    comprehensive. You should be able to find all of these at Amazon.

    - Eirik
    --
    New and exciting signature!

    On 12 Jun 2004 16:27:18 GMT, Eirik Seim <eirik@mi.uib.no> wrote:

    >On 12 Jun 2004 11:30:31 GMT, T7318 wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a good book on internet security/firewalls?
    >
    >As seen in Message-ID: <slrnbvmu1e.d34.eirik@kain.mi.uib.no> ,
    >
    >"Building Internet Firewalls, 2. ed", ISBN: 1565928717
    >"Firewalls and Internet Security, 2. ed", ISBN: 020163466X
    >"Firewall Architecture for the Enterprise", ISBN: 076454926X
    >
    >> I run McAfee Firewall Plus and any info on setting it up would
    >> be of interest.
    >
    >Maybe the "The Best Damn Firewall Book Period" (ISBN: 1931836906)
    >covers this product? I havent seen it myself, but I hear it is
    >comprehensive. You should be able to find all of these at Amazon.
    >

    >- Eirik
    It doesn't cover it. Only Checkpoint, Cisco PIX & MS ISA server and a
    few others. It might mention it but I don't think so.

    I know that Syngress has some books on Norton's stuff but that's about
    all.

    The other books will provide information on firewall's but not
    specifically McAfee products.

    Jeff

Firewalls Internet Security Networking Books