GTA V on PC

Ecdubs

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Will GTA 5 be on PC? I noticed Amazon had an option to pre-order gta 5 for PC, but a lot of people are saying this is a mistake. Does anyone else have any ideas if GTA 5 will be on PC or howlong it will take for it to be on PC after release?

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Why will it not be a good port? How can you tell it from now?

PC version will most certainly come, but it will come by the end of the year. That's going by the time R* takes to port games to PC, adding those exclusive to Windows features into the game. Also, looking by the current leaks and scope of the game, the game might be as big as 40 GB (?) :eek: .
If this game doesn't come for the PC, then, it will be real sad. :(

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I didn't say it would be but it may. Rockstar have had some very dodgy ports.

Max payne 3, however, was a brilliant port with loads of extra goodies so fingers crossed.

40gb seems excessive as it wouldn't fit on consoles disc even with tiny textures. 25-30gb maybe as max payne was about 18

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Max Payne was 27 GB on PC. And what a game it was. It was awesome. There were glitches on PC, though. Lots of jagged edges. But there were work arounds. Atleast it was not like GTA 4.
And GTA 5 will not be a bad port. I really hope it will not be like GTA 4.

max paynes dev was done on pc thats why it looked and played so good. its not a console port. it was ported to consoles which is the way it should be. but because devs get more money for porting console games to pc they often do so at the cost of pc performance...
it is sickening to know the games are written on pc, ported to console and then ported back to pc. when the original pre port version would be the 1 that would play best.

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

True. The game trailers show off features exclusive to PC. God knows wy they want to mess with the game while porting