switching from sprint, but waiting on the 8100...

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 8, 2005 3:46:26 PM

i've been a sprintpcs customer for 7+ years, but the lack of service in my
home finally got to my wife, so we're going to switch to verizon. we need 2
new phones.

she wants a treo 650. i want less bulk, so am looking to get the LG8100
when it's released.

questions:

1. if i switch today, i'll cxl Sprint, and i can obviously port my wife's
number to verizon, but can i 'hold' my number until the lg8100 is released
(i'd live w/o a phone until i buy the 8100)?

2. if i were to stay w/sprint, they'd sell me the 8100 with a $150 discount
as a loyal customer. obviously i don't get that if/when i move to verizon.
if i call customer service and relay that fact to verizon, does that buy me
*anything* in terms of a discount.

thanks
June 9, 2005 1:44:00 AM

I have a question for you. Buy your wife's Treo. For you, right now, why
don't you just buy the cheapest phone Verizon offers? You can even make
money on the deal from some places with the rebates offered. Then, when the
8100 finally does come out (who knows when) you can go and get that one.

news:o pEpe.23116$HP1.3794@fe08.lga...

!