Koolance Exos vs. Tornado?

Lando95

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2003
Hey guys, having been bit by the overclocking bug, I want to push my 2.8C higher than 3.4ghz. System: 2.8 on Abit IC7, 512mb Geil Platinum pc4000 1:1, TT SP-94 with 92mm Tornado, Vcore 1.675, 7 case fans. Will the Exos system allow me to go much higher than with air? I read some reviews and they say that it is a pretty good beginner system. I know it only has 1/4'' id tubing, but since I am a noob to watercooling, I dont want to do any case mods(Antec 1080 something or other, full tower.) This setup seems to be the easiest for beginners. Any suggestions? Price is also a factor, I would like to spend under $300 USD. I would also like to cool my 5950 ultra as well. Would I need an additional radiator between the cpu and the vid card? Thanks.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Hey, I'm a beginner at watercooling, but i'm planning to build myself one, it's not hard. I like <A HREF="http://www.criticool.com" target="_new">criticool</A> they have some nice stuff, for fairly low price. I built a full kit with GPU block for only 280 canadian after shipping. Check them out. If you build it yourself you can get a much better tank/radiator/waterblock, for less money.

NEED NEW SYSTEM!

Lando95

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2003
Awesome, thanks for the info Scottchen. I dont really know exactly what I need though. I know there are other posts, but I am feeling lazy right now. I need: pump, resevoir, waterblocks, radiator, and tubing and clamps and such, right? Can I get away with building a system without having to do any case mods?

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
For me i'm just gonna remove the top cover of the case, just the top, use some tape and epoxy to attach the radiator on the top of the power supply, and the pump goes in the bottom of the case, using a Nylon Tee, saves me money from buying a reservoir.

NEED NEW SYSTEM!