Game mice and keyboard

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
If this question belongs in another category, I apologize.

I'm getting tired of my basic mouse/keyboard combo. In a word, they suck. In a lot of words, they suck suck suck...

Any suggestions as to the best(or better) wireless mouse/keyboard solutions. I say wireless because My rig is hooked up to my 50" plasma and cords are just not practical.

Thanks for any input.

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I always assumed that a mouse and keyboard were the king when it came to PC games. Do controllers give you the preciseness you need? On a console it's obvious but on a PC? I've never been sure?

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
i do prefer keyboard and mouse for any game unless it is a side scroller platformer which i think should always be played with a controller, but hey, thats me.

you could always try a controller if you are used to playing games on consoles and prefer those controls over the K+M.

for decent wireless gaming K+M you will be looking at least $100 for each, in my opinion that is if you want something good with minimal latency.

right now hooked up to my 40" tv i have a wireless keyboard but use a wired mouse and wired headset, normally when im just browsing ill just my phone as a touchpad and then keyboard for typing, but while im gaming ill sit at the coffee table and stretch the corded mouse and headset along the floor. if i require extension usb cables i normally will plug my mouse in to the USB3.0 port to get a little extra power, but my headset has 3 meters so that is no issue.

so one solution is extension cables with a powered hub even if you wanted to go with the less latency route but then you deal with cables running everywhere.

johnnyevil

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
well I guess experimentation is the order of the day then. Kind of excited about the potential of using a controller, I have to admit. Hard to get comfy on the couch with a keyboard and mouse....