Need a gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I'm using a Corsair M60 and am loving it! Moved on from a CoolerMaster Sentinel Advanced when the left button started dragging. I was looking for something between a claw grip and a palm grip and this one fit the glove (no pun intended!:))

You should choose a mouse based on your grip type. The M60 is a good balance between both grips and the button placements on the side are just fine. Plus, I like the sniper button (which admittedly takes some practice getting used to). The handling is also pretty good as the mouse is able to travel quite smoothly thanks to the teflon feet (which is pretty common nowadays in most mice).

I'd recommend the M60 over a Razer, which is strictly my opinion! :)

Xttony

Distinguished
I use razer mamba and it pretty much sucks so I'd stay away from it if I were you. What exactly do you mean when you say a gaming mouse? Is it more buttons or high responsiveness? Either way you can try out razer naga hex

Xttony

Distinguished
Actually razer naga hex has a really good sensor 5500 dpi and six buttons on the side.
Also naga epic has twelve buttons on the side but it is really hard to use all those buttons. Also I like the wired/wireless feature.

Corsair M60 is a goo mouse but I think that the button placement is a bit weird and need to be getting used to.

SIMPLY MARC

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Just wondering if I should change anything in my build?

ASRock X79 Extreme9
Intel I7-3820
Galaxy Geforce GTX 680 2GB GC Edition
Corsair Dominator GT 16GB (4x4)
Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB
Sandisk Extreme SSD (120GB)
Cooler Master HAF X
Arctic Cooling i30
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W
LG BH14NS40

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
when working in a shop i had some people return the g9x because they didnt like it and pick up the g500, but its preference as well, my brother actually has the m90 corsair, got it on sale for $40, he loves it, so i would assume the m60 is just as good

thats just hilarious. they both have exactly the same sensor in them. i would understand if they were from different manufacturers but there both logitech which means they have the same firmware.
the only reason to swap em over would be for palm feel but seriously if they brought em back because they didnt like the way it worked.
it is funny sometimes people will look at a mouse and say i dont like the way it handles but give em the same sensor in different design housing and there ecstatic.

http://www.esreality.com/wiki/Hardware:Mice_Sensors anyways look here. i recommend the avango 9500 (scales at 100 dpi increments)or 9800 (scales at 200dpi) for general use.
the philips 2033 if you want more control over the dpi (scales at 25dpi increments).

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I'm using a Corsair M60 and am loving it! Moved on from a CoolerMaster Sentinel Advanced when the left button started dragging. I was looking for something between a claw grip and a palm grip and this one fit the glove (no pun intended!:))

You should choose a mouse based on your grip type. The M60 is a good balance between both grips and the button placements on the side are just fine. Plus, I like the sniper button (which admittedly takes some practice getting used to). The handling is also pretty good as the mouse is able to travel quite smoothly thanks to the teflon feet (which is pretty common nowadays in most mice).

I'd recommend the M60 over a Razer, which is strictly my opinion! :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.