getting started with cell phone

Last response: in Network Providers
June 9, 2005 12:16:15 AM

i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
its a nokia 6015i

More about : started cell phone

June 9, 2005 2:21:20 AM

Well, to get the most out of it, TALK A LOT! Just kidding around! But true
I guess :)

-Frank

<drinklime@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
> tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
> its a nokia 6015i

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:48:47 PM

<drinklime@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
> tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
> its a nokia 6015i

Along with all the other good advice, talk all your friends and family into
joining Verizon also. Then calling them will come out of your Mobile to
Mobile minutes.
June 9, 2005 9:43:16 PM

Realize that you don't have to yell into the phone in order to be heard.

<drinklime@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
> tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
> its a nokia 6015i

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:20:40 PM

> Realize that you don't have to yell into the phone in order to be heard.

Oh' G*D.. This means my wife now knows about newsgroups. !!!!

<---{LOL}--->
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:08:55 AM

Use your phone prudently, unless you have the money to spare. Take
advantage of nights/weekends when you can. Remember, a cell phone is a
"convenience" unless you use it for business or emergencies. If you can
afford it, use the phone for everything. If you can not afford it, then
consider the 14 day worry free, and forget the peer pressure. Having a cell
phone can be kool, but not if you have to skip food/drink/rent.

In a "nutshell" Don't go crazy, pay close attention to your bill, pay
on-time, and congratulations. dr.
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

<drinklime@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
> tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
> its a nokia 6015i

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:12:23 AM

Good advice, unless you change to a carrier/plan with free incoming calls.
Then it doesn't matter who calls you, nor what carrier they have. Yes, I
understand that VZW doesn't have free-incoming calls, but we do have free
"in-network" as long as all your friends/family are vzw. Good Luck. dr
--

"Carl Keehn" <carlkeehn@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> <drinklime@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> i never had a cellphone before (i know i know) but i will have one
>> tomorrow. just looking for some basic tips to get the most out of it.
>> its a nokia 6015i
> Along with all the other good advice, talk all your friends and family
> into
> joining Verizon also. Then calling them will come out of your Mobile to
> Mobile minutes.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 11:04:07 PM

I will say the 6015 is a good choice & a steal at what little you
probably paid for it. I have the nokia 3589 and just smirk as my
friend's lg 4500 drops calls or is "searching for service" while I chat
happily away on my el cheapo phone. Actually, I got ripped off- I paid
$19.99 and then three weeks later it went down to $9.99. Oh well still
a great phone for the price, and I've heard the 6015 is just as
reliable.
!