Help with gaming rig

This is my first time building a gaming computer and would like to see if you guys had any suggestions, or comments.

So here it is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: A-Data S510 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Monitor: Asus VS208N-P 20.0" Monitor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

I know the power supply is probably more then I need, but I figured better safe then sorry. But if there is any improvement that can be made moving to a lower one then I'd like to hear it. Thanks everyone in advance. Looking forward to what you all say. I can't wait to start building

Almost forgot to mention, I want to beable to play games like Skyrim, BF3, ACIII maxed out
2 answers Last reply
More about help gaming
  1. This is very, very similar to my rig. The Power Supply isn't just too big, it's ridiculously overkill. For the same price or less even, you should get a 650W PSU that's modular. Trust me, you won't regret it. It makes for a very tidy (and badass-looking) case interior. You will be able to max out just about everything with these specs.
  2. Hi :)

Decent mid range graphics card, but not good enough to max out all games on Ultra... not with everything turned on...

Any decent make 500w would do for a psu...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games Product