GTA IV Texture Slow Loading Issue

outlaw360

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
This problem has been well known ever since the patch 1.0.7.0.
Once I exit the safe house surrounding texture is loading very slow and some distant objects are unseen. It's really annoying and kind of kills the mood while playing the game.

I've been searching the internet for solutions but all I found was some from a little while ago which don't seem to work now.

I've tried adding possibly every commandline to the game and the only one that made the texture rendering a BIT better was the "-memrestrict" (the mathematical one; e.g. 980 x 1024 x 1024) which, on the other hand, gave me lots of lag.

My system spec is:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3060MB RAM
Page File: 2823MB used, 3296MB available
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE GDDR5

- I've tried modding game texture, still slow rendering.

- I've tried CacheBoosters and programs alike, no help.

- I've tried defraging the disk, still the same.

I don't feel like rolling back to previous patches as I cannot stay connected to Windows Live while playing.

I dunno whether I should try re-installing my Windows to 64bit version to run with full RAM memory as if maybe something will change.

If anyone knows any other possible solution please respond.

Thank you in advance.

outlaw360

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

I found out a just couple of days ago that 32 bit suport max 3.5 GB of memory. So, yeah, I need to upgrade my Windows but I don't have time for that these days so I'm wondering if there is any faster solution.

Thank you for your reply.

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
You should simply downgrade to the lower version. To 1.0.4.0 will be the best choice.

To do this,

If you have the game on your steam account:

1. Start Steam, open your Library, right-click on "Grand Theft Auto IV" and click on Properties. Click on the tab "Updates" and change the given option to "Do not automatically update this game".

2. Download the patch from here
http://www.gamefront.com/files/14266711/gtaiv_patch_1040_zip
and install it.

3. Download RGSC from here
http://media.rockstargames.com/IV/PC/RSGSC/RGSC_1_1_3_0.rar

4. Change the name of your GTA 4 folder [\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV] to something else.

5. Install RGSC, a new folder gets created at [\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV].

Copy contents of this folder to your older GTA 4 folder.

6. Delete this new GTA 4 folder, and rename your old GTA 4 folder back to "GTA 4".

Done.

If it's not on steam, and you got the game from a retail disc, simply install RGSC (it will install at some other location altogether), and then install the patch file. That will do.
You have to use xliveless, so, you might also need to replace certain font files to make game fonts work. Simply Google it.

Thanks,
Rick

outlaw360

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

The reason why the xlive wont work is because with any other versions below 1.0.7.0 the game automatically asks you whether you want to update your game to 1.0.7.0 or not. If not you can still play but in offline mode. I really need that online mode, otherwise I wouldn't have any problem playing with 1.0.4.0 version ._.

Sjamolthi

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Try re-installing the game and always take a back-up before tweaking anything. Also,a 64-bit OS will help.
:) Post about the result you get after re-installing and fully patching the game. :)

TRENDING THREADS