Games Freeze for a sec then continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael ryle

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hi all,

This is frustrating! I'll be playing different games then I'll
get a random freeze for a second, then it continues. I used to think it was a server lag spike but it occurs
on different servers and games (even Single). It has been going on for a while, so I can't trace back what I may have done
to cause it. It hasn't always been so. Graphic drivers are up to date; defragged the drive; uninstalled/reinstalled the games..
Perused the forums, and where people had similar problems, they either didn't get an answer or weren't quite the same experience as me. I'm thinking its sound drivers, but they are up to date too. Not sure what else it may be?

My specs:

GPU: 660GTX Twin Frozer
Cpu: Fx 6100 AMD
PSU: Corsair TX 850
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz 8 gig
HDD: WD Black 800 Gigabyte
Mobo: GA-970a-DS3 Gigabyte
windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Nothing is overheating GPU temp underload is about 40*c and cpu is about 30-40*c.

michael ryle

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
OK thanks for the tip ill go do that now and come back with any results ... bit of of a stupid question will this help fix or just test?

Hi :)

Test..if it fails its drop in bin time...hds are not fixable...

All the best Brett :)

Try using CD image (if you need cd in the drive it might need to spin up to read). If it happens in games that use no CD/DVD, try getting your HDD to "not go to sleep mode".

Google that, its typical in WIN 7 that the default settings make the HDD go to sleep mode after a while, so that second is normally the time that the HDD takes to spin up.
I had this also and solved it that way. i hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.