Black Ops 2 LOONNGG load times in Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susedester13

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I have been having this issue ever since i bought BO2 which is loonggg load times. When I join any game, I am in at least 15 seconds late. My ping on speedtest was 50 so I thought I should be fine. I run on max settings with absolutely no issue because I have much past reccomended settings. My http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03154290 has a radeon 6850 and upgraded to corsair 420 psu. Please help me if you have any notable information and I also have reinstalled which did nothing. Thanks!
Suedester13

Solution

SSDs take power from "Sata Power Connectors(SPC)", which your PSU has 4 according to your link. The SPCs are those that have many pins (and not the 4 pins connector). Google it for identification purposes.

1 - Now, your current HDD probably is already powered by an SPC, possibly your DVD reader/burner, and possibly other things could be taking up your SPCs. Make sure you have one available for your new SSD. If not, you may...

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Long term fix = buy a good SSD for gaming (and if it's big enough, for Windows and apps).

Short Term fix = None. Like Hexit said though, defrag (with proper software) but that won't change your loadtimes dramatically (maybe shave off very few seconds at most).

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Reads/writes 2-4 times faster. You can check youtube videos on HDD vs SDDs to get an idea of load times. That said, SSDs are MUCH more expensive than HDD when it comes to overall storage. So typically, you use SSDs for your operating system, most used apps (i.e. games) and then use an HDD for storage (i.e. media, backups, etc.).

Makes sense?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Hmm...something tells me you don't have much experience in installing hardware in your computer...am I right? (it's ok if you're not).

If so, i'd check with a computer shop to see if your PSU (power supply has enough wires to power it).

To answer your questions, YES. You should be able to put multiple "storage" devices in your computer.

I have...

1 X SSD for my Operating System and Applications
1 X SSD for STEAM, ORIGIN, and gaming in general
2 X HDD for media files, backups, and encrypted data.

The reason I'm suggesting you go to a computer shop is that SSDs could be either SATA I, II, or III. If your motherboard doesn't take Sata II or III then there wouldn't be much gain in getting those. This would require you to check your motherboard manual and finding out about your motherboard specs.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I agree that for some people (maybe like you and I) find it worth the ~100-125$ for the performance. But I did say from a "storage" perspective, SSDs are WAY more expensive than HDDs, which makes SSDs a luxury, really.

Also, (and I've come to learn this recently), SSDs are not worth the extra $$$ when it's got bigger storage banks. In other words, the performance fluctuates dramatically as you add extra memory in SSDs, which even brings up the question whether SSDs is a "dying" solution. Food for thought...

TH even has an article on it I believe...

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
weird...i can't edit my message (above).

"TH even has an article on it I believe."

(edited: TH doesn't have an article on it but i'll post if I find the article I'm referring to when I find it. That said, I wouldn't go higher than 256 GB SSD. It's way I got me 2 SSD of 128GB...performance baby!).

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

SSDs take power from "Sata Power Connectors(SPC)", which your PSU has 4 according to your link. The SPCs are those that have many pins (and not the 4 pins connector). Google it for identification purposes.

1 - Now, your current HDD probably is already powered by an SPC, possibly your DVD reader/burner, and possibly other things could be taking up your SPCs. Make sure you have one available for your new SSD. If not, you may have (or have to buy) an adapter that converts 4 pin connectors to SPCs.

2 - Your SSD needs to get "hooked up" to your motherboard. If your motherboard has indeed SATA 3, you should have Sata 3 cables to connect the two.

Makes sense?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.