Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Hows everyone running crysis 3 beta? Discussion

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
January 30, 2013 10:30:38 PM

I been playing crysis 3 beta since it came out and so far I love the online. but not here to talk about the game just performance. I am on a single 1080p monitor. GPU is msi gtx 680 OC @1202. First I had everything on ultra (very high there is no ultra) fps would bounce around from 60 to 30 so lowered it to mostly high then water on very high with terrain. The bouncing from 60 to 30 fps would cause a lag effect so had to lower. Mssa I put to medium and holding more steady 60fps. I probably will go to high setting to hold a more steady 60fps or keep setting and lower msaa. What do you think is a better choice and keep the game looking the best?.. lower graphics or lower mssa to hold my 60fps. thanks. And post what ya'll are getting. Monitor and GPU.

More about : hows running crysis beta discussion

January 30, 2013 10:35:30 PM

Hi :) 

No ultra :(  bummer...

Card =7990 6gb

Monitor = 3 x 27in IIYAMA`s

Not got the game yet...don't play Betas..

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 10:48:54 PM

Beta these days aren't real betas more like demos. You should try it..you'd think its a demo lol but runs smooth and onlines very fun I think anyways. Small download took me 20 minuets worth a try. Plus you have a nice set up why not push it with the new bench marker of games. Lol it on origin for free under demos. And looks like sli is the only way to max out
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 30, 2013 11:25:06 PM

maucerit said:
Beta these days aren't real betas more like demos. You should try it..you'd think its a demo lol but runs smooth and onlines very fun I think anyways. Small download took me 20 minuets worth a try. Plus you have a nice set up why not push it with the new bench marker of games. Lol it on origin for free under demos. And looks like sli is the only way to max out



Hi :) 

Too careful with my gaming computer to ever run a Beta...

If my 7990 cannot max it, then a lot of people are going to be in trouble lol...

I have only ever played one game online since 1998... Half Life...

So I only want it for single player ...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 11:45:36 PM

Not big online player. I find myself playing a lot more campaign now I switch to PC. But nice PC anyways campaign will be killer and probably look better to.
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 11:53:34 PM

I am running it on Very High with no Anti-Aliasing. I get between 50FPS and 100FPS.

I never really notice AA so I disable it in most demanding games these days.

I am using a single 24inch 1920x1080 LCD with a heavily OCed 7870.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 12:08:18 AM

You don't notice aa? I do in far cry 3 with power cables being jaggidy. I might try that to keep my fps higher. When I put as from high to med noticed more stable fps. Maybe I'll put it on low then put all settings on very high.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 1:16:23 AM

I don't know. I find I look more at the foreground in most games. I definitely notice the power lines in Far Cry 3 now that you mention it, but to me having better FPS and higher overall settings is more important than a few instances of jagged lines in the distance. I could see it annoying some people though.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 1:42:53 AM

I put AA on low and everything on high and get same fps as you 50-100 but I think ill run same set up as you no AA but everything on very high. First Im going to try to put very high with low AA but vsync off. I get higher average fps with vsync off and for some reason my fps will not dip as low with vsync off. Do you normally play with vsync off or just to see your fps? Because I played for a while and I did not get jaggedy game play at all like everyone complains about. If anything its smoother then with vsync on because I notice when fps drop from 60fps to 30 fps compared to 80 drop to 55.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:07:18 AM

I only play with VSync on if the game has a lot of horizontal tearing like the first Crysis.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:20:15 AM

Finally found ideal settings may work for you to voiidwulf. No tearing with vsync off for me (I never got tearing with vsync off yet in any game I play so far). Everything very high, AA on low, motion blur on medium, vsnyc off I get a very VERY steady 40-65 fps which is more stable then when I used Vsync. If anyone else reads this for first time I have msi gtx 680 2gb power edition OC at 1202. So anyone else with 680 try these settings since I couldn't find recommended setting anywhere.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:20:30 AM

Hey guys, a friend suggest me to come here, finally, after finding no fix.
Mainly the problem is that i put the graphics on medium ( on veryhigh it's unplayeble, on high it's playeble but you know i'm competitive so :p  ) Vsync OFF or ON (no difference)
i get 60 FPS easly but when it come to shoot or see the enemy or i don't know, it lag and drop to around 30 and stutter for 1-2 second and come back to normal.
Thank you guys, if you have any question just write them and i'll read them !

SPEC :
I7 3770k 4.0 GHZ
EVGA 680 gtx superclocked 2GB
Sabertooth z77
Corsair force 120 GB SSD
850 corsair psu


P.S.: ( I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON ALMOST EVERYGAME ! Planetside 2, Crysis 3, Farcry 3 and Battlefield 3 as well ! (i tried a very large amount of things... i've almost ruined my social life to this !!! ahah. So just tell me guys if i'm in the right section or if i should go make a topic or anything else, thank you ! )
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:47:43 AM

What is you OC at? I just realized I thought I was "stable" at 1202 can play games no problem but when vsync was off noticed games would crash which means im really not stable. If you have msi after burner or evga version of it when you look at gpu especially when playing crisis it % usuage when I was at 1202 it could bounce from 99 to 80 to 70 to 99 now that I am stable it holds 99 percent and my fps are more consistant. So the drop in % usage could have been from things crashing and starting again. I DONT THINK THATS YOUR PROBLEM but just something I relized. Well bf3 u can max out no matter what I do it easily and we have same card. BUT for crysys smaa which is like msaa is a MASSIVE FPS eater. For crisis I have everything very high smaa at medium vsync off motion blur high and I hold 50-65 now. Try lowering smaa or msaa. Far cry is very hard to run I only get high grpahics with msaa at 2 and hold 60 fps. You change any of your gpu setting onm NVidia control panel?
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:51:55 AM

Also try GeForce experience download from NVidia it give NVidia recommend setting for games you have. Geforce experience kind of plays it on the lower end of what your card can do but I use it as a guide because gets very close to what setting I end up using. Plus it'll optimize games automatically for you if you want. Also your driver up to date NVidia released new one not to long ago
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 2:52:40 AM

w4k3up said:
Hey guys, a friend suggest me to come here, finally, after finding no fix.
Mainly the problem is that i put the graphics on medium ( on veryhigh it's unplayeble, on high it's playeble but you know i'm competitive so :p  ) Vsync OFF or ON (no difference)
i get 60 FPS easly but when it come to shoot or see the enemy or i don't know, it lag and drop to around 30 and stutter for 1-2 second and come back to normal.
Thank you guys, if you have any question just write them and i'll read them !

SPEC :
I7 3770k 4.0 GHZ
EVGA 680 gtx superclocked 2GB
Sabertooth z77
Corsair force 120 GB SSD
850 corsair psu


P.S.: ( I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON ALMOST EVERYGAME ! Planetside 2, Crysis 3, Farcry 3 and Battlefield 3 as well ! (i tried a very large amount of things... i've almost ruined my social life to this !!! ahah. So just tell me guys if i'm in the right section or if i should go make a topic or anything else, thank you ! )


Ment to post other 2 message to you instead of thread itself sorry
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 4:41:02 AM

Just DL'd afterburner to find out the numbers,


Two Asus 6950 DCII 2Gb's under water @stock for testing
Amd975be @stock for testing

Medium settings at set up by the Beta on installation
both Gpu's hitting about 55% usage
33'c and 38'c max temps on cards,
37'c max on Cpu
and solid 60Fps with an occasional momentary dip to 50 now and again
Max settings
I'm getting a solid 35Fps but it only seems to be using one card so Idk what the issue is here, but medium is more than pleasing to mine eyes right now so I'll stick with and see how the new drivers affect things

crossfire is working fine on the older drivers (on medium settings, on V.high it only seems to use one card), I got the popup to update drivers this morning but haven't yet
**DL'd 13.2 Beta drivers, see how that pans out
No discernible difference with new drivers but clocking to 4.0GHz gives a steady 60Fps.

Do you all know what all this testing has done to my K/D rating? lol, it ain't good :p 
Moto
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 5:01:16 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

No ultra :(  bummer...

Card =7990 6gb

Monitor = 3 x 27in IIYAMA`s

Not got the game yet...don't play Betas..

All the best Brett :) 


You realize Ultra is just a label. What ever the highest label is the highest setting. They can call it what ever they want, and it would still be the same setting.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 1:20:34 PM

I'm playing with:

GTX 570s SLI
8GB RAM
Intel i5 2500k

.....I'm only managing 30fps on low 2x AA lmao
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 1:30:46 PM

maucerit said:
Finally found ideal settings may work for you to voiidwulf. No tearing with vsync off for me (I never got tearing with vsync off yet in any game I play so far). Everything very high, AA on low, motion blur on medium, vsnyc off I get a very VERY steady 40-65 fps which is more stable then when I used Vsync. If anyone else reads this for first time I have msi gtx 680 2gb power edition OC at 1202. So anyone else with 680 try these settings since I couldn't find recommended setting anywhere.



Lol, I don't think my PC can handle that. You have a GTX 680 and I have a Radeon 7870. Your card costs like twice as much as mine.
m
0
l
January 31, 2013 7:02:19 PM

680 GTX @1202 and Quadro 4000 @700 (running side by side) are running crysis 3 at 2560 by 1440 8x TXAA at around 50-60 FPS, do get dips to 40/35 in some areas however. Find it ridiculously fun however, the game is quite promising :) 
m
0
l
February 3, 2013 9:07:18 AM

Running Gigabyte GTX670 OC'd (+140/+500 GPU/Mem) and Core i5 2500K OC'd (4.4GHz)
Everything on Very High, Motion Blur Medium, AA = 4x SMAA, Max FOV, 1680x1050
NO VSYNC (No visible tearing and for some reason VSync KILLS the FPS in this game)
Getting 45-65 FPS

Pretty decent!
Hoping they'll fix the VSync issues and maybe a bit more optimizations for the final game :) 
m
0
l
February 3, 2013 9:51:11 AM

*Find it ridiculously fun however*
Have you started crossing it into RL yet?
I remember realising I played Crysis too much when walking home one night a car rounded the corner down the street and I had to fight the urge to duck for cover by a nearby parked car :p 
I'm dreading what C3 will make me do lol
Moto
m
0
l
February 4, 2013 1:29:05 PM

Well...I run everything on the medium settings, no AA, Vsync must be off or it suffers bad, but since there is no tearing, doesn't matter.

i5-2500@4.1 ghrtz
8 gigs ram
HIS ICEQ 6870 OC 650/1100
I manage anywhere from 70-40 fps

Anyone with the 7000 or 660 ti and up can run this game.
Crytek is crying about buying the 680 GTX cards is out of their mind.
Medium settings look fantastic. At first I was getting terrible fps dipping into the 24fps range until I went all medium and took off vsync then BAM - 100% difference. I'm completely competitive in the beta. I'm really going to enjoy the SP mode though more since I won't worry about lag and I may able to turn up the GFX a bit more. We shall see. Anything below the HD 6870 cards might suffer a bit. The older cards like the GTX 560 ti might have trouble but who knows. The 670, 680 or 7000 series should easily handle this game. Don't run out and buy a $400 card just for this game.
m
0
l
March 27, 2013 1:15:07 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
*Find it ridiculously fun however*
Have you started crossing it into RL yet?
I remember realising I played Crysis too much when walking home one night a car rounded the corner down the street and I had to fight the urge to duck for cover by a nearby parked car :p 
I'm dreading what C3 will make me do lol
Moto

Made my day this, believe me your not the only one to have this experience. I heard a helicopter come over once while walking home from work, was genuinely convinced it was a C.E.L.L Heli! haha
m
0
l
March 28, 2013 6:06:53 AM

Just some info though. I'm using an HD 6670 on low to med (on some options) and an aa lvl, forgot what it was something like sixaa or flaa? You get the point and it looks good. Cryengine3's lowest settings are ultra quality for the past games like CoD, Quake4, or something like that, so if some of you are looking for the story dont worry running on low. And I just can't get over skyrim jokes as some of the C.E.L.L. Soldiers took an arrow to the knee :lol: 
m
0
l