Formatted computer and now video game issues

drknss620

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello, I just formatted my computer recently because I got a new hard drive (SSD) and now after installing windows 7 on it, whenever i play video games its just lagging the whole time (apart from some brief moments in the game) and it never did this before the format. in my computer i have 12GB of ram, a 3.4 quad core AMD processor and a GeForce 650

drknss620

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Unfortunately after re installing the Graphics driver, the problem was not fixed! i cant figure out whats causing such a problem! I've been at this all day!

Hi :)

When you formatted and installed 7, I assume you DID install ALL the drivers from your manufacturers support site ?? Like CHIPSET ETC and ALL the others ?

All the best Brett :)

drknss620

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

I installed everything from the CD's i originally received from when i bought them. The soundcard was the only one i updated, and i only installed Ethernet from the chip set CD

drknss620

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

I have tried other games and they seem to be working, I also re-formatted again just to see if anything would change but nothing has. The game im playing is Dota 2, and ive played it for a long time with no problems, just now it happened and there wasn't a game update either, could my hard drive cause my frames to drop like this, even if its only one game which doesn't seem right to me but its the only change ive done apart from formatting .

drknss620

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
really weird fix for all of this, so i formatted (AGAIN UGHGHHH SO MANY UPDATES haha) and this time i moved all my data onto my external hard drive and formatted all of the non windows ones as well as the C drive ( i have 5 hard drives in total) and for whatever reason this fixed the problem, dont know why that caused a problem but im just glad its fixed.....

edgar_g21

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Did you have an OS on any other of those hard drives or were they just basically for storage like a usb drive? I'm curious because I'm having this same problem but I havent tried reformatted ALL of the drives (I have 1 SSD with Windows 7 on it and 1 HDD that is just for storage)