Help ASAP

beeding

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
My graphics card is the Intel HD Graphics 4000. When I run a game, it runs fine. When I try Minecraft, it says Failed to find an OpenGL Accelerated. I get the drivers from intel. I run any other game, it doesnt boot up it just gets stuck at the menu. When I try minecraft it works. How do I get it to play all games without installing and uninstalling drivers?

Specs
i5-3570k
Asus P8Z77-V-LX
8gb Vengeance 1.6GHz
128 GB SSD
250 GB HDD X2
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8 64 bit pro

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Your issue lies with the integrated graphics (Intel). Open G(raphics) L(ibrary) is best served with a dedicated graphics card, which you don't have. You'll need to get yourself a dedicated GPU to run 'all' games as integrated graphics just don't cut it for gaming anymore.

You have a decently good gaming rig, why don't you complete the set by getting a GPU? If you want help, we'll be happy to do so. Just give us your budget and monitor details/ resolution that you game at.

Just for the sake of knowledge, what are the games you're managing to run with the integrated graphics? And at what settings?

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Maybe this can help -

If you are able to get to the main menu of minecraft then -

1. Go in options

2. Turn Advanced OpenGl off

3. Now try playing.

If you are unable to get to the main menu of minecraft then -

1. Install your AMD drivers where you can run other games but not minecraft like before.

2. Open 'Run' command i.e press windows key(the one located beside Lctrl) + R or go in search -> apps -> Run and type %appdata%

3. Once there open .minecraft folder and scroll down till you see a text file called 'options'

4. Open that text file and find 'advancedOpengl' ( after opening that text file just press CTRL + F and type in 'advancedOpengl' in the small window that opens)

5. Once you find the line that reads - advancedOpengl:true , change that line to - advancedOpengl:false

6. Save the file and close it. Try running Minecraft now.

Hope it helps :D

TRENDING THREADS