I love my Mame

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I just downloaded Mame and a bunch of old arcader games....what Fun!!! ME and the Wifey were up late playing Frogger and burgertime...It was so much fun!!! All the kids heard from up stairs was her laughing hysterically and me yelling, "USE THE PEPPER!!! USE THE PEPPER!!!"

uncaring, american pig-dog

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Link for downloading Mame?

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Yeah you can play the games they just dont make anymore and are so much fun.
Though I must be younger than you, Ive relived my childhood classics through MAME throughout the years. Havent tried a newer mame for at least since 2000(ad) myself.
Playing Rampage! exactly as I first did in '86 was such a great moment for me. Then fast forward to Street Fighter 2 the last great arcade game IMO. Once they went 3dish I just lost interest and the arcade scene died.

Burgertime is so much fun too! I never played it in the arcade (oh how much i miss those) but i did on my cousins intellivision.. classic.

-----
1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
You're right about Street Fighter II. THat was THE all time great fighting game. THere is something about those old games that have a charm the new ones can't duplicate. I remember when pac man and donkey kong came out. We were blown away by the graphics at the time. Trivia: Donkey Kong was the first game to feature more than one screen/level.

uncaring, american pig-dog

tbcjester

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003
Mame games are awsome, I have just bought the whole set of roms for mame on 5 disk's about 5542 games or close to that figure. It was brill to play some of the old time classics like paper boy and double dragon which i could just not get enough of when i was a kid. It brings alot back for me co;s my grandparents live at skegness , uk which is on the east coast of the uk so i have grown up playing all the arcade games and to be able to play them all on me pc again is just awsome.

If anyone wants some roms get in touch, Be-ware though you must own the orignal catridge for the game or it's a bit naughty !

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
You suggesting you have 5542 cartidges????

PS posting throws the topic to the top of the list, you can also make a new topic.

If all else fails: Read The Manual