blocking unwanted calls

Last response: in Network Providers
June 12, 2005 6:53:38 PM

my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone. I have a T720 (cingular)
motorola cell and I went to the security feature and put it so that only
people in my phonebook can call. But it doesn't seem to work!!! It still
allows anyone to call.... What do I do???
June 12, 2005 7:00:47 PM

Call Cingular. duh.

"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in
message news:75780ed3f99a41958f284bf4b29e72bb@CellPhoneKB.com...
> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone. I have a T720 (cingular)
> motorola cell and I went to the security feature and put it so that only
> people in my phonebook can call. But it doesn't seem to work!!! It still
> allows anyone to call.... What do I do???
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:44:04 PM

"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in
message news:75780ed3f99a41958f284bf4b29e72bb@CellPhoneKB.com...
> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone. I have a T720 (cingular)
> motorola cell and I went to the security feature and put it so that only
> people in my phonebook can call. But it doesn't seem to work!!! It still
> allows anyone to call.... What do I do???

Tell your new boyfriend to go snap off his antenna...

Doc
June 12, 2005 10:28:26 PM

"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in

> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone.

Call the cops and ask them what kind of stalking law your
state/province/prefect/gulag has. South Carolina will lock his ass up and
put the key under the jailhouse if he stalked you here. Stalking someone
is a serious offense, here.

Ask the cops what can be done. They'd much rather stop it now, than have
to prosecute the murder after the fact.

The cellphone isn't the problem....he is.

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:38:17 PM

I do agree there should be a way to block unwanted calls but to my
knowledge there is no such thing yet. You would think that cell
companies would figure out how to do this and sell it because there
are a lot of people that would get this feature.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:53:38 GMT, Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:

>my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone. I have a T720 (cingular)
>motorola cell and I went to the security feature and put it so that only
>people in my phonebook can call. But it doesn't seem to work!!! It still
>allows anyone to call.... What do I do???
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 5:17:41 AM

In article <75780ed3f99a41958f284bf4b29e72bb@CellPhoneKB.com>,
"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote:

> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone. I have a T720 (cingular)
> motorola cell and I went to the security feature and put it so that only
> people in my phonebook can call. But it doesn't seem to work!!! It still
> allows anyone to call.... What do I do???

Blocking a call isn't an option at this time.

A lot of people simply download a ringtone that's just silence... and
assign it to that particular caller.

The phone still rings, but you don't hear anything.

FPP

--
"Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."

lol, my grand ma lives in SC (im in vacation there as we speak) and her
friend's EX just killed her (my g-ma's friend) right before she got the
restraining order

--
robb4248
June 15, 2005 2:37:49 AM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:28:26 -0400, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com>
wrote:

>"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in
>
>> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone.
>
>Call the cops and ask them what kind of stalking law your
>state/province/prefect/gulag has. South Carolina will lock his ass up and
>put the key under the jailhouse if he stalked you here. Stalking someone
>is a serious offense, here.

Yes, once they prosecute it. The problem here is getting the
Solicitor's office to act on it, at least in the 13th Judicial
District.

>Ask the cops what can be done. They'd much rather stop it now, than have
>to prosecute the murder after the fact.
>
>The cellphone isn't the problem....he is.

If the OP were in SC, she'd need to go before a magistrate and take
out a restraining order first. Only then can they prosecute for
stalking (SC Code of Laws Section 16-3, Article 17). That's what the
police and/or Solicitor/State Attorney/District Attorney will tell her
to do.

I know, I had to get a restraining order last year against my now
ex-neighbor.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:04:32 PM

"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
| On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:28:26 -0400, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com>
| wrote:
|
| >"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in
| >
| >> my ex-boyfriend keeps calling my cell phone.
| >
| >Call the cops and ask them what kind of stalking law your
| >state/province/prefect/gulag has. South Carolina will lock his ass up
and
| >put the key under the jailhouse if he stalked you here. Stalking someone
| >is a serious offense, here.
|
| Yes, once they prosecute it. The problem here is getting the
| Solicitor's office to act on it, at least in the 13th Judicial
| District.

Might look into something called a writ of mandamus (spl?) basically
compelling a government official to do the job he is paid/elected to do.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:13:57 AM

"Not Me" <me@privacy.net> wrote in news:8oZre.7195$Ub4.161@fe06.lga:

> Might look into something called a writ of mandamus (spl?) basically
> compelling a government official to do the job he is paid/elected to do.

I'd also be tempted to stop by the local TV station news departments and
have a little chat with their investigative reporters....

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:22:23 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:04:32 -0400, "Not Me" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
>| On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:28:26 -0400, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com>
>| wrote:
>|
>| >"Candy C via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@nospam.CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in

>| >Call the cops and ask them what kind of stalking law your
>| >state/province/prefect/gulag has. South Carolina will lock his ass up
>and
>| >put the key under the jailhouse if he stalked you here. Stalking someone
>| >is a serious offense, here.
>|
>| Yes, once they prosecute it. The problem here is getting the
>| Solicitor's office to act on it, at least in the 13th Judicial
>| District.
>|

>Might look into something called a writ of mandamus (spl?) basically
>compelling a government official to do the job he is paid/elected to do.

In the case of the worthless magistrate I had to deal with, it's
called a "Rule 501 hearing" before the SC Supreme Court. And my
lawyer said it was pointless. He said the SCSC's Office of Court
Administration "wasn't really in the business of disciplining judges",
even though they have an entire section of judicial code dedicated to
it.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/courtReg/listAPPRules.c...

In my case, an idiot magistrate refused to revoke the bond of a
defendant after many repeated violations, because said defendant has
some "medical problems" and the county doesn't want to pay to keep him
up medically in jail. So instead of revoking the bond *he* issued
(which specifically forbid *ANY* contact with us), he forwards the
matter to the Solicitor's office. Hell, it's been almost 2 years
since the original charges were filed and we haven't been to court
yet, so I don't think they'll be acting very quickly on the bond
revocation. I'd go into more detail, but the bastard's still not gone
to trial yet on the first offense.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:29:25 AM

> the county doesn't want to pay to keep him
> up medically in jail.

Ah, there's the reason....same as always....m-o-n-e-y.

--

!