Looking for an old game 2D rpg/shooter!

byblik

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hello,
id like to find an old 2D game i used to play. Here is a discription(as far as i can remember)

i cant remember the year. it must have been around 2004-6 that i played it. but it looked like it was made around 2000 or earlyer.
it was a top-view action-rpg-shooter. you played some sort of magician with rpg-like skill development.
it had some elements from diablo - (hp-mana ball and a skill bar at the bettom)
but the play stile was more like alien shooter. lots of mobs running in a special pattern or just hunting you. except that you had to think of your mana as ammo.
one of the final lvls had a huge burning upside down pentacle and waves running over the whole map horizontal and vertical.

it had a normal/story mode and survival.
cant remember anything else atm.
would be great if some remembers it or any similar sugestions would be great.
thx in advance.

Was this a turn based game? Fallout 1 & 2 were turn based isometric RPG shooters.

Hellgate, which I never played, was made by the lead developers of Diablo, and is also a RPG shooter game, very much like Diablo.

Though I doubt either of those are what you are looking for, I could be wrong.

byblik

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
no. it was action pure. a fastpased game. play time per lvl was around 2-5 mins. almoust like a mini-game.
And the grafics came nowwhere close to hellgate (as i said 2D and pretty old) :) you gota imagine you char was like this :hello: . only if you look at it from above(head, shoulders and a small animation of your hand when you cast a spell)

akshay180

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Sorry for posting here but this is the only recent active thread I could find.
I am looking for an old game which is a English puzzle game for kids.
In it there is a village which has been flooded with water and the village folk decide to find the root cause of it. They go through a journey through a forest and to a mountain where there find that the flood was caused due to an open faucet. Please help me find it.
Thank you

byblik

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

ty, for the link. gona browse some (i assume all) the games in the lists :)
another clue(now that i thought bout it a lil more) - it looked like an asteroids+diablo combination. and grafic lvl would be like in gta :)

@akshay180 - sry cant help you regarding your search request. but some more clues could help. and try to browse over there under adventure i assume. gl.

akshay180

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Few clues
There are puzzles you have to solve to progress like you have to spell words correctly to open a door etc.