Need more vCore, Soyo P4I875P Dragon2 black label

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
So I got this board, Soyo P4I875P Dragon2 black label, just like all the other P4I875P boards it's limited to 1.60v max vCore. Now that's actually around 1.56v because it's slightly undervolted. vCore is SUPER stable, but I can't get any higher settings. Anyone know of a mod?

Some sights thought it might be overcome with a BIOS mod. Others suggest that it's a hardware limit. Anyone have the facts here?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
crash just do a pin mod like the 'ol piii days. Use some thin transformer wire...sand off the insulation...the cpu will sit flat.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a processor
110% BX fanboy

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Cannot do, board will not accept values any higher than 1.60v from VSS.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
sorry, I meant VID. pIII knew what I meant, he probably let it slide because of that.