GTA V - What are they thinking!?

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Did I miss something? Is GTA V seriously coming out in September for current-gen consoles while we're supposedly getting next-gen consoles two months later?

They have been working on it for years. If they had to be working on the game, when the next gen consoles were to launch, then we had to even more years. Simple as that.

Optimus_Toaster

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
What they are thinking is that they need more time. More time to make a better game. Games that are rushed are normally terrible.

Furthermore maybe the next gen consoles aren't coming 2 months later. Maybe GTA V will be one of those games that is for 2 generations of consoles.

phil_livesey

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Optimus_Toaster is right. I don't know of any games off the top of my head that have been rushed, but anything that is rushed, is never as good as it could of been, had it not of been rushed.

If they pushed it back like 5 months, just think of how bad the game would of been if it was released in spring?

As well, just look back at the games Rockstar have made, the Read Dead series, L.A. Noire, Max Payne, Midnight Club and obviously, there most famous series, GTA.

If you can't wait an extra few months to play what is going to be their most ambitious game ever (and obviously the GOTY) then you need to be a bit more thankful that they even exist.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Since they announced a push back of the release date today, hence the reason for my post?

And as for the rushed game comment, I mean I understand that, but I would have thought it'd be better to create it first for (at the time they started development on it) a future spec'd PC and make a really solid looking game, and allow for portability to the next-gen consoles once they arrive, maybe even make it a launch title. Oh well.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I'm not commenting from a perspective of a GTA fan, I'm commenting from a business analyst/project management perspective. That is more or less my job in the real world so that is what I do.

"Obviously the GOTY". I laughed a little, sorry. I'm glad you enjoy these games so much I really do, and I can see some of the appeal, but I just think sales and consumer interest will be highly deflected by the next-gen console launch. Sony is already doing teaser trailers.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012

Hmm, didn't notice they pushed it back. They always do this though..
If you remember GTA 4 was meant to come out around October 2007?

Was released in April 2008, and still ran like *** on console and PC.