Who likes console gaming here?

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I just bought a GTX 660 Ti and all i can say is WOW! its much better than my ps3 which i though was awesome... Games like Batman Arkham City and Hitman Absolution are soooo demanding. Maybe thats why PS3 only runs on 720p.

This is my opinion so dont start hating!
Who agrees with me?

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
The vast majority of younger players play on consoles, which means their friends are on XBL or the PSN. That in itself sorta negates the fact that it looks better on PC. You don't really see college dorm rooms anymore that have a big LAN party going on, you see them in front of a big screen tv playing together over Xbox Live.

For solo games like Skyrim, oh my goodness there's no comparison. PC all the way. It's a whole different world.

RPG, MMORPG, Simulators, Racing = PC
FPS, party games, = Console

I like the idea of consoles, and they are fun to play when you have friends or family together, but I hate playing them when alone. The mouse is much more intuitive to use and far more precise and when using a left handed controller, I still get a d-pad and lots more hotkeys.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
I have a ps3, xbox 360, and gaming pc.

xbox 360 is only good for halo series

ps3 is fun for multiplayer (splitscreen mostly) games with friends like black ops 2, and using it for netflix/bluray. but its getting out dated very fast, so that leaves us...

My gaming PC! haha, definitely the best for online gaming and everything else :)

BeastLeeX

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I have played consoles since the PS1 when I was about 5, PS2 when I was like 7, and got a PS3 in 2008. I then built my computer at the age of 13, and now I would much prefer PC. Mouse + Keyboard are much better than a controller, and the only reason I play PS3, is to play with my friends. Graphics on PC completely blow out consoles right now, not sure how well the next gen consoles graphics will be, but the PC will still beat them.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I play both, but I do like PC gaming more from a graphics stand point. Consoles are easy..... but that being said. I love telling people at work bf3 looks like garbage on the PS3 compared to my PC.... they look at me like I am insane, if only they knew how sweet it is to game on a pc.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

Me too, i built my first PC when i was 13. I had a PS3 and i played my friend's Xbox. Graphics on PC is much, much better... I think keyboard and mouse is better for fps games but controller is better for 3rd person games. But you can always hook up a controller to a PC...

I do both PC gaming and a PS3. They both have their pros & cons. I haven't had to upgrade my ps3 since I bought it in 2008. I use my ps3 on a 46" sony bravia. I have more friends on ps3 than on computer and before you bring up age... lets just say I'm in my mid 40's and so are my friends.

I like my keyboard/mouse combination better. I like the higher resolution better. I don't like having to upgrade my video card and hardware every few years, though it does seem that hardware has kind of plateau'd lately. I mean do you really need more than a quad core cpu and 8 gig of ram to run any game anymore? ...at least until the software/games catches up with the hardware.

Anyhow, no need to hate either. Diversity is a good thing.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I play Call of Duty and racing games on console, and everything else on PC.

Call of Duty because friends.

Racing because console controllers have analog sticks. With PC you just press A or D to turn, where as you can move the stick as much as you want on console.

PC for obvious reasons. Graphics, more games, mods, etc.

BeastLeeX

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Any game is better on PC, resolution is wayyyyy better on PC then on console. even 1440x900 is more then 720p. Also 1440p is becoming mainstream for PC's, $300 is extremely cheap, but you need some graphical horsepower.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Links to good 1440P monitors for less than $300??

i lost all interest in console gaming for a few reasons.
the 360 fail rate. still a major issue.
the climbing ps3 fail rate, has become a major issue.
banning people for modding there consoles. a simple hdd upgrade can get you banned. fair enough if your using mods to copy and play pirated games.
irrelevant hardware lack of forsite in that both major brands limited the memory and gpu power which has held gaming back for the last 3 years.
gt5, by the time it came out it was no where near what was promised. it was also beaten in gfx and physics by an e.a NFS game of all things.

jerrymas

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

I love console gaming and I've loved it forever and I think I always will. I'm purchasing a new console about once a year so it's kind of an expensive hobby but I love it and it's worth it. For all you looking to purchase, I found a sweet website that has good deals on all consoles, check it.

http://www.***/best-gaming-system-console-for-video-games

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

That's not less than $300.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
but they are going to get cheaper soon...

What i love about PC is that you can tweak the settings... Play in medium settings if you want 100fps and play ton high if you want 50fps!

also Anti-Aliasing is much better on PC... I was playing Arkham City on my PS3 and Batman's head was as rough as a 45 degree line in MS Paint zoomed in 50%!

Overall graphics are better but i wish that PC Keyboards cam with vibration like console controllers :p

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Haha totally agree with you, PC gaming blows consoles out of the water