ram on 9600pro

stealth_blade

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
i was checking the ram chips on my sapphire radeon 9600pro, to determine overclockability, and came across a brand im not familar with

EtronTech the modules are rated a 2.8ns, so is anyone familiar with this ram?

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Crappy cheap brand, probably won't reach what's it's rated for, expect around 330mhz.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

stealth_blade

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
well, thanks for letting me know anyways, and i had another question, what exactly constitutes "snow" when looking for overheating when you oc your videocard

ive noticed that i sometimes see white pixels along the edges of textures, say where the wall meets the floor

Entrontech memory is not terrible (beter than the samsung 3.3ns sutff), but it's not a great overclocker compared to the Samsung 2.86ns stuff.

YEah I wouldn't expect much more than 330-340 out of it. Could get more but most reviewers found less. Most of the Samsung 2.86 memory will reach 350 easy.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Actually for me the OPPOSITE happens.

I get snow when ram is clocked too high (above 370mhz) and usually in the Audio tests & wings of fury of 3Dmk0;, and I get corruption and crashes with the core above 540mhz, usually in battle of Proxy (like a kalidascope).

OF course that's with my card and maybe the R9800s are different in that respect than the R9600Pros, but I don't know why. I call them blackflies as the snow is black in the tests.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
You guys see snow? I never see snow, for mine it's either work, or Freeze and computer resets.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>