Millenium keyboard XP driver?

Is there an XP compatible driver for PS/2 Millenium Keyboard? The version
that came on 2 systems with XP Pro and MS Office XP Pro is not XP signed
and seems to interfere with power management, and possibly the reason text
cursor disappears in Word. Thinking that it might be a memory problem
(shared video RAM) I brought each machine up from 256 to 512 MB RAM, but
the most they appear to use is about 1/2 of the 512 MB.

The systems would throw an error that Millenium Keyboard driver was
interfering when they would try to go into suspend.

The text cursor (not referring to mouse cursor) often disappeared in Word
when mouse was moved, making it difficult to tell where text would go when
typing. I don't know if this is an incompatibility betweem Millenium
Keyboard driver and USB optical mouse. I still have to do more testing to
see if this (intermittent) problem has been permanently resolved now that
Millenium Keyboard driver has been removed.

I do not have those problems on my PC using optical USB mouse on XP Pro,
but it is a non-GW system with standard PS/2 keyboard and Office 2003
Small Business instead of Office XP Pro. These problems also do not occur
on 2 other GW boxes, with XP Pro, optical mouse, and Word 2000 (might not
have Millenium Keyboard).

David Efflandt wrote:

> Is there an XP compatible driver for PS/2 Millenium Keyboard? The version
> that came on 2 systems with XP Pro and MS Office XP Pro is not XP signed
> and seems to interfere with power management...
>
> The systems would throw an error that Millenium Keyboard driver was
> interfering when they would try to go into suspend.

Since it continued to error about Standard PS/2 101/102 Keyboard when
attempting suspend after Millenium keyboard driver was removed, I did more
searching and found that the problem may have actually been due to Adobe
Type Manager from an older non-XP aware program. Adobe has a Type Manager
update program that fixed the registry keys eliminated the errant helper
app which is not needed for XP.

Just strange that XP flagged a keyboard error when the error actually
appeared to be from a non-XP compatible Adobe Type Manager helper app.

--
David Efflandt http://www.de-srv.com/

TRENDING THREADS