Kyocera PC Card on EV-DO - Any Users?

Last response: in Network Providers
June 13, 2005 6:19:15 AM

I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650 Aircard
for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I presently use
the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the Kyocera is a lot
faster.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Valmiki

More about : kyocera card users

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 3:35:49 PM

"Valmiki" <valmiki@great.guruji> wrote in message
>I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650
>Aircard for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I
>presently use the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the
>Kyocera is a lot faster.

I switched from the 5220 to the Kyocera about 10 days ago. The Kyocera
benchmarks are about 20-30% faster on downloads. It was slower on uploads,
oddly, by about the same margin.

--
Thomas M. Goethe
Anonymous

Thanks for the input. I am considering switching to the Kyocera sometime
this summer - I have been told that I am eligible for an upgrade "soon".

Valmiki

"Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@notspamlycos.com> wrote in message
news:p cere.4421$pa3.2746@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> "Valmiki" <valmiki@great.guruji> wrote in message
>>I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650
>>Aircard for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I
>>presently use the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the
>>Kyocera is a lot faster.
>>

> I switched from the 5220 to the Kyocera about 10 days ago. The Kyocera
> benchmarks are about 20-30% faster on downloads. It was slower on uploads,
> oddly, by about the same margin.
>

> --
> Thomas M. Goethe

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:07:58 PM

I got mine with the upgrade, there was supposed to be a $100 rebate, but
I can't find the coupon, so will have to call them back. That will make it
free which is good.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

!