Kyocera PC Card on EV-DO - Any Users?

I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650 Aircard
for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I presently use
the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the Kyocera is a lot
faster.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Valmiki
3 answers Last reply
More about kyocera card users

    "Valmiki" <valmiki@great.guruji> wrote in message
    >I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650
    >Aircard for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I
    >presently use the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the
    >Kyocera is a lot faster.

    I switched from the 5220 to the Kyocera about 10 days ago. The Kyocera
    benchmarks are about 20-30% faster on downloads. It was slower on uploads,
    oddly, by about the same margin.

    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    Thanks for the input. I am considering switching to the Kyocera sometime
    this summer - I have been told that I am eligible for an upgrade "soon".

    Valmiki

    "Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@notspamlycos.com> wrote in message
    > "Valmiki" <valmiki@great.guruji> wrote in message
    >>I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650
    >>Aircard for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I
    >>presently use the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the
    >>Kyocera is a lot faster.
    >>

    > I switched from the 5220 to the Kyocera about 10 days ago. The Kyocera
    > benchmarks are about 20-30% faster on downloads. It was slower on uploads,
    > oddly, by about the same margin.
    >

    > --
    > Thomas M. Goethe

    I got mine with the upgrade, there was supposed to be a $100 rebate, but
    I can't find the coupon, so will have to call them back. That will make it
    free which is good.

    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    > Thanks for the input. I am considering switching to the Kyocera sometime
    > this summer - I have been told that I am eligible for an upgrade "soon".
    >
    > Valmiki
    >

    > "Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@notspamlycos.com> wrote in message
    >> "Valmiki" <valmiki@great.guruji> wrote in message
    >>>I shall be glad to hear about user experiences of the Kyocera KCP650
    >>>Aircard for EV-DO wireless Internet, if anyone is using it on VZW. I
    >>>presently use the older SierraWireless PC 5220 and have heard that the
    >>>Kyocera is a lot faster.
    >>>

    >> I switched from the 5220 to the Kyocera about 10 days ago. The Kyocera
    >> benchmarks are about 20-30% faster on downloads. It was slower on
    >> uploads, oddly, by about the same margin.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Thomas M. Goethe

Verizon Wireless Internet Internet Service Providers