Looking for a low budget (but decent) PC controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEGuitarist

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Now, first of all before someone says "Mouse and Keyboard" I'd just like to say, when I PC game I'm hooked via HDMI to my tv and kick back on the couch. So mouse and keyboard is rather uncomfortable. I'm look for a controller for around $10-20 that I can use for gaming. Wireless is nice, but only if I don't have to worry about batteries. I'd also like to have a menu button on the controller as I use steam's "Big Picture" mode. I was looking at some of logitech's gamepads, but they look really wide and uncomfortable :( Any controllers you guys recommend? :D

Solution
You could always get a PS3 controller and a bluetooth dongle and then use a bit of software called Motioninjoy to make the computer think it's an xbox controller. It's a bit of effort to do each time but it should save you some money.

JEGuitarist

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

Well, I used to be a console gamer...haven't really changed my ways yet xD I just feel more comfortable with a controller...regardless if mouse and keyboard is better as far as accuracy goes :p I switched to pc gaming because its a much nicer community :D

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
The best gamepad is basically the Xbox 360 one. You can get it wired or wireless. It costs more than $20 though. I'm not sure there is anything worth getting in that price range. I would recommend saving up for one of the Xbox 360 ones.

JEGuitarist

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

Would you think it'd be better to get a wireless one + the adapter, or get a wired one?

Optimus_Toaster

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
You could always get a PS3 controller and a bluetooth dongle and then use a bit of software called Motioninjoy to make the computer think it's an xbox controller. It's a bit of effort to do each time but it should save you some money.

Solution

JEGuitarist

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

I think I'll just go ahead and do that..I already have a PS3 controller. Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.