Closed Solved

Looking for a low budget (but decent) PC controller

Now, first of all before someone says "Mouse and Keyboard" I'd just like to say, when I PC game I'm hooked via HDMI to my tv and kick back on the couch. So mouse and keyboard is rather uncomfortable. I'm look for a controller for around $10-20 that I can use for gaming. Wireless is nice, but only if I don't have to worry about batteries. I'd also like to have a menu button on the controller as I use steam's "Big Picture" mode. I was looking at some of logitech's gamepads, but they look really wide and uncomfortable :( Any controllers you guys recommend? :D
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking budget decent controller
  1. My personal favourites are a mouse and keyboard...


    ...and an xbox 360 controller.
  2. pauls3743 said:
    My personal favourites are a mouse and keyboard...


    ...and an xbox 360 controller.


    Well, I used to be a console gamer...haven't really changed my ways yet xD I just feel more comfortable with a controller...regardless if mouse and keyboard is better as far as accuracy goes :P I switched to pc gaming because its a much nicer community :D
  3. The best gamepad is basically the Xbox 360 one. You can get it wired or wireless. It costs more than $20 though. I'm not sure there is anything worth getting in that price range. I would recommend saving up for one of the Xbox 360 ones.
  4. voiidwulf said:
    The best gamepad is basically the Xbox 360 one. You can get it wired or wireless. It costs more than $20 though. I'm not sure there is anything worth getting in that price range. I would recommend saving up for one of the Xbox 360 ones.


    Would you think it'd be better to get a wireless one + the adapter, or get a wired one?
  5. Best answer
    You could always get a PS3 controller and a bluetooth dongle and then use a bit of software called Motioninjoy to make the computer think it's an xbox controller. It's a bit of effort to do each time but it should save you some money.
  6. Optimus_Toaster said:
    You could always get a PS3 controller and a bluetooth dongle and then use a bit of software called Motioninjoy to make the computer think it's an xbox controller. It's a bit of effort to do each time but it should save you some money.


    I think I'll just go ahead and do that..I already have a PS3 controller. Thanks! :D
  7. Best answer selected by JEGuitarist.
  8. Yes, that is the best idea if you already have the PS3 controller.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Controller Mice Keyboards Video Games