Far Cry 3 Problems! NEED HELP!

ThePlaneAddict

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
I bought Far Cry 3 about 2 months ago and I installed the game only to find out there is an error.

Whenever I run the Far Cry 3 launcher, I get an error saying : C:\Windows
system32\MSVCP100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

When I try to launch it off of the retail CD, it says the same thing but MSVCR100.dll instead. The game also doesn't seem to register on Uplay when I hit register.

At the top of the error message it says : farcry3.exe - Bad Image

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
there are other vcredists you may be trying to update and fix the wrong 1. load up the disk and open it in explorer then find the reditrobuables folders and install all the vcredist files found there.
on my system there are 11 vcredist installs. ranging from 2005, 2008,2010 both 32bit and 64 bit and service pack versions.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2b%2b
so if you have less you may want to go to the links above and start downloading the rest of them as well.

1s you install each years you should be able to get the rest from micorsoft update
but you will need 1 of each first.

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Try downloading the free version of DLL fixer.
Also , what do you mean the game doesn't register?
You can't play the game without launching it through Uplay
Maybe that's the reason. Try - re-installing

there are other vcredists you may be trying to update and fix the wrong 1. load up the disk and open it in explorer then find the reditrobuables folders and install all the vcredist files found there.
on my system there are 11 vcredist installs. ranging from 2005, 2008,2010 both 32bit and 64 bit and service pack versions.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2b%2b
so if you have less you may want to go to the links above and start downloading the rest of them as well.

1s you install each years you should be able to get the rest from micorsoft update
but you will need 1 of each first.

Solution

Tawsif

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
do u have directx 11 or something else? if u do maybe the mentioned file is missing. u have to update it.with games there is usually a directx installation file. run it.then try to launch the game.