Netgear firewall configuration

Hi all!

Question from a beginner:
I'd like to make a secure firewall configuration on a Netgear RO318
DSL Router Firewall.
By default there are some services enabled. I have blocked most of
them.
At one point I am really unsure and don't know what it means.

Services enabled:
Any(TCP)
Any(UDP)

Does that mean that all TCP and UDP services that are'nt blocked have
free entrance through the firewall?

Thanks in advance for response
greetings

Chrissie
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear firewall configuration

    In data 16 Jun 2004 02:43:36 -0700, Chrissie ha scritto:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > Question from a beginner:
    > I'd like to make a secure firewall configuration on a Netgear RO318
    > DSL Router Firewall.
    > By default there are some services enabled. I have blocked most of
    > them.
    > At one point I am really unsure and don't know what it means.
    >
    > Services enabled:
    > Any(TCP)
    > Any(UDP)
    > ..
    > ..
    > ..
    >
    > Does that mean that all TCP and UDP services that are'nt blocked have
    > free entrance through the firewall?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for response
    > greetings
    >
    > Chrissie

    Hi, I don't know this model, but I'm workiing with a netgear router
    firewall too, the solution is in the order of application of rules: with
    these rules you allow anything but services you've already blocked.

    Bye
    Michele

Firewalls Configuration Netgear Networking