Netgear firewall configuration

Hi all!

Question from a beginner:
I'd like to make a secure firewall configuration on a Netgear RO318
DSL Router Firewall.
By default there are some services enabled. I have blocked most of
them.
At one point I am really unsure and don't know what it means.

Services enabled:
Any(TCP)
Any(UDP)

Does that mean that all TCP and UDP services that are'nt blocked have
free entrance through the firewall?

Thanks in advance for response
greetings

Chrissie

In data 16 Jun 2004 02:43:36 -0700, Chrissie ha scritto:

> Hi all!
>
> Question from a beginner:
> I'd like to make a secure firewall configuration on a Netgear RO318
> DSL Router Firewall.
> By default there are some services enabled. I have blocked most of
> them.
> At one point I am really unsure and don't know what it means.
>
> Services enabled:
> Any(TCP)
> Any(UDP)
> ..
> ..
> ..
>
> Does that mean that all TCP and UDP services that are'nt blocked have
> free entrance through the firewall?
>
> Thanks in advance for response
> greetings
>
> Chrissie

Hi, I don't know this model, but I'm workiing with a netgear router
firewall too, the solution is in the order of application of rules: with
these rules you allow anything but services you've already blocked.

Bye
Michele

TRENDING THREADS