Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2013 5:13:51 AM

Hey,
I just built a new PC, and I can pretty much run all the games out there on it. Which games should I buy? Pretty open to different genres, but my favorite are MMORPGS and FPS games. Im thinking of getting WoW or gw2 and bf3.
It has to be multiplayer.
Any reccomendations?

More about : games

February 3, 2013 5:39:02 AM

Like you said, I'd probably go with WoW/GW2 and BF3.

Keep in mind you don't have to pay $15 /month with GW2.
m
l
February 3, 2013 5:47:18 AM

Crysis 3?
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2013 6:37:27 AM

voiidwulf said:
Like you said, I'd probably go with WoW/GW2 and BF3.

Keep in mind you don't have to pay $15 /month with GW2.

If money isn't a problem, which would you prefer - Wow or GW2?
m
l
February 3, 2013 9:05:14 AM

Check out the Crysis 3 beta and see how you like the multiplayer on that, you need an origin account to try it though, but if you like it, you can preorder it and you get Crysis one free on release of C3 (19th Feb) two games for the price of one plus a multiplayer option on C3
WoW is going to cost you a subscription as mentioned and theres a few expansions to get to be uptodate
out of interest, whats your Rigs specs?
Moto
m
l
February 3, 2013 9:27:26 AM

If you can run any game out there get BF3 premium or Ctysis 3 when it releases and GW2 as per your preferences.
Although i would recommend The Witcher 2 if you are also a fan of offline RPGs.
I would usually recommend Bioshock Infinite if you are willing to wait one and a half month but as you said it has to be multiplayer so no luck.
I must say you may have more fun with Bioshock infinite offline than you may with BF3 online. Just saying.
m
l
February 3, 2013 12:10:53 PM

Half Life
m
l
February 3, 2013 5:13:57 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Half Life

Haha, yeah. I'd recommend getting the Valve complete pack if you can. They are all excellent.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16236/

As far as GW2 vs WoW, they are kind of different. I've been playing WoW for a while so I have some friends and a decent guild. Honestly, just watch some reviews and see which one you think sounds more like something you'd enjoy.

WoW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAcXFEOggcc

GW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVAW3bcMBQ

As Motopsychojd said, what are your specs?
m
l
February 3, 2013 8:21:18 PM

Even though i'm pretty new to building computers, im assuming I can run all/most games :p 

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Will probably go with WoW and BF3 or crysis :) 

specs are
intel i5 3570 (not k)
intel dz77sl-50k motherboard
asus geforce gtx 660 directCU II video card
8gb crucial ballistix ram (4x2)
average antec case ($50)
Antec earthwatts 650W
m
l
February 3, 2013 8:29:24 PM

If i pirate the games, can I still play multi?
m
l
February 3, 2013 9:05:33 PM

gopz said:

NO....
m
l
February 3, 2013 10:22:31 PM

gopz said:

And you won't get any support over from this end.
m
l
February 4, 2013 12:04:57 AM

ok thanks haha
ill just buy them your right

are the specs good?
m
l
February 4, 2013 12:22:12 AM

Yeah. You can max out a lot of games.
m
l
February 4, 2013 12:47:38 AM

Sounds good. It's mostly the video card and processor that determine gaming performance right? Because I think my video card and processor are good and my motherboard is pretty average, which i'm a bit worried about.
m
l
February 4, 2013 1:07:35 AM

Yeah. CPU, GPU and RAM. As long as you have at least 4GB of DDR3 it won't limit you. The motherboard isn't a big deal. As long as it is from a reliable brand and has the features you want, it is fine.
m
l
February 4, 2013 1:13:46 AM

is intel reliable for motherboards?
m
l
February 4, 2013 1:33:40 AM

Yeah, sure. They aren't feature packed, but Intel is obviously a reputable company.
m
l
February 4, 2013 6:02:01 AM

Although they are quitting the mobo market :p 
Moto
m
l
February 4, 2013 6:28:47 AM

far cry 3, batman AC, and witcher 2 are all great games that will look great at max settings.
m
l
February 4, 2013 7:00:31 AM

Witcher 2 Multi-player?
m
l
February 5, 2013 1:02:29 AM

DragonClaw said:
Witcher 2 Multi-player?

Oh my bad. How about tera, it just went f2p.
m
l
February 5, 2013 1:32:43 AM

Tera looks good :)  ill get it since its free, thanks
I reconsidered again and now im confused -.-
Im sure im going to get ONE MMORPG and ONE FPS GAME. Im making a big deal outta this because I wont be able to get a new game in about a year or so...

MMORPG considerations:
WoW
GW2
Skyrim
Any others??

FPS Considerations:
BF3
Crysis 3
Far cry 3
Witcher 2
Any others?

I want an FPS game with the best multiplayer
m
l
February 5, 2013 2:18:41 AM

gopz said:
Tera looks good :)  ill get it since its free, thanks
I reconsidered again and now im confused -.-
Im sure im going to get ONE MMORPG and ONE FPS GAME. Im making a big deal outta this because I wont be able to get a new game in about a year or so...

MMORPG considerations:
WoW
GW2
Skyrim
Any others??

FPS Considerations:
BF3
Crysis 3
Far cry 3
Witcher 2
Any others?

I want an FPS game with the best multiplayer

For FPS you should probably go BF3 if you want multiplayer. Far Cry 3 has excellent single player, but the mutliplayer is pretty bland. For RPG I'd say GW2 or Skyrim. Have you played any MMORPGs before? I personally find them kind of repetitive these days. As I said with the WoW vs GW2 thing, the best thing to do is just watch/read reviews and see what appeals to you the most. Especially with RPGs. Everyone seems to like different things in that category.
m
l
February 5, 2013 2:34:09 AM

ive decided ill go for bf3 for sure
added diablo 3 to the list of MMORPGs lol so now I have to decide between that and WoW and GW2. Ive watched reviews like you've suggested, and from the reviews I have seen, it seems like GW2 is a better game overall but WoW is more hooking/addicting.
m
l
February 5, 2013 4:09:15 AM

You could give Planetside 2 a go, basically MMOFPS. I have fun with it, and being F2P doesn't hurt, though BF3 is where it's at.

From a GW2 vs WoW standpoint- if you haven't played either, you might like GW2 more, and not just because there is no subscription. I tried WoW for the first time this summer, and the game feels.. dead. I'm not sure how to explain it, everyone that was playing seemed to be there just because they had been there for so long but didn't really care to actually 'play' the game, just go on raids for gear and show off a decade's worth of mounts. Got GW2 the week it launched and cancelled my WoW subscription right then. Not only does GW2 play better solo, its new so you don't feel like you have to catch up to ten years of missed action.

Obviously that's an opinion, and it was probably easier to drop because I don't have years and years to keep me on the hook, but I felt like it was easier to find random parties, raids, and had just more fun in general in GW2. Sure, a lot of the quests were just to clear an area/kill x amount of baddies, but it felt more organic than the traditional "collect 10 wolf pelts that everyone else is trying to collect too".

Skyrim is definitely worth the buy. Have you considered the STALKER series?
m
l
February 5, 2013 11:54:55 AM

If you want an awesome Single Player, you should consider Dishonored. This game is just awesome. It's not like the other games. The game AI is super intelligent. Two guards talking have a reduced hearing range, rather than a patrolling one.
And then, this is one of those very rare game, which doesn't make you a serial killer. You can complete the game without a single kill. All the missions can be completed in whatever way you wish. It's all open, and up to you.
The game doesn't have a multi-player, that's a disappointment.

For an online FPS game, BF3 is the best. It's again, not like the other CS type FPS multiplayers.
Lots of things to do. Starting from flying planes, to maneuvering your landing from the jet onto enemy tank, and planting C4s on it. And boom, Suicide Bombing.

Crysis 3, will have an awesome multiplayer too. C4 Crossbows (BF3 DLC added this, btw) will be just awesome. And the other day, while playing the alpha release, someone all of a sudden dropped me dead by throwing his shield on to me. Now that's something real cool. :D 

Rick
m
l
February 5, 2013 12:41:52 PM

mass effect 3 or borderland 2 for the fusion rpgshooter...
hope you like it : )
m
l
!