Sign in with
Your question

I think my PC is good but...

Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2013 6:14:29 AM

So I recently made a computer and I am interested in the communities opinion of it.
I have a...

-Processor: Amd FX-4170
-Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 (2GB)
- Eight gigabytes of ram
-Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
-And a samsung 1 tb hard drive.
Is this good? I believe I should be able to run far cry 3 and battlefield 3 on max settings, but im only getting 40 FPS at best for both :cry:  , (its very rare for me to go that high.) Am I incorrect about the quality of my computer? I know its not top of the line but I was expecting more from it.

More about : good

February 3, 2013 10:24:52 AM

40 fps on max for your spes is very good
---
m
l
February 3, 2013 10:30:44 AM

thephenom1157 said:
40 fps on max for your spes is very good
---

This. I would expect less.
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2013 11:45:48 AM

The Obese Anorexic said:
So I recently made a computer and I am interested in the communities opinion of it.
I have a...

-Processor: Amd FX-4170
-Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 (2GB)
- Eight gigabytes of ram
-Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
-And a samsung 1 tb hard drive.
Is this good? I believe I should be able to run far cry 3 and battlefield 3 on max settings, but im only getting 40 FPS at best for both :cry:  , (its very rare for me to go that high.) Am I incorrect about the quality of my computer? I know its not top of the line but I was expecting more from it.

40 FPS is about right.
To get above 60 FPS on BF3 max you should have at least a 7950 or GTX 560
Maybe it's your processor.
Anyways i don't know what you're griping about , 35-40 FPS is perfectly playable and you would barely notice the difference if it ran above 60 FPS trust me.
m
l
February 3, 2013 11:49:11 AM

Hi :) 

My shops build and sell gaming computers...

Yours is a mid range reasonable gaming machine... nothing better....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 3, 2013 12:04:08 PM

Your PC is mid end at best. You really can't expect to run games like that on maximum settings.
m
l
February 3, 2013 7:19:18 PM

Thank you all very much, on a side note what do you think is the worst part of my comp? If i was going to upgrade something in the future what should it be?
m
l
February 3, 2013 7:32:15 PM

The Obese Anorexic said:
Thank you all very much, on a side note what do you think is the worst part of my comp? If i was going to upgrade something in the future what should it be?

CPU. You bought one of the worst gaming CPUs. Bulldozer, the architecture of your CPU proved to be very bad for gaming. Piledriver made up for some of those flaws. Steamroller will be the next of the line and would be expected to still be on the AM3+ socket, so you could get one of those when they launch.
m
l
February 3, 2013 7:50:39 PM

If you get a decent cpu cooler you can overclock the cpu and get more performance out of it. When you upgrade your cpu you can use the same cooler for the new cpu. The 4170 is already clocked relatively high so the gains won't be mindblowing but it might raise a few fps if the game is cpu limited.
With msi afterburner or evga precision you can also overclock your gpu for a little bit more performance.
m
l
!